Can't carry cell phone on your person

tourists24

Face it, people are abusing cell phones, and some text thru out the entire day.
Just look how many people are posting here while at work !

Someone needs to put a stop to it.
Family emergencies ? Well, they can call the center and be re-directed to you, like in the olden days !
Why dont you worry about things that have anything to do with you? This thread has zero to do with you

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I looked at my voicemail today, wednesday. i had a happy mothers day msg from my cuz, from sunday. Thats how much I use it. Customers with eradic hours, I call for my convienience. I always dial *67 so they cant call me. I wouldnt hear it anyway.
I check it about every two hours. I have a husband with health problems, I want him to get hold of me.
Yeah call the center. My son almost had an appendix explode, someone forgot to tell me the hospital called, and i got called everything except human when I got to the hospital. Nope not doing that again. I pay for my phone, if I have an urgent call I go on break. I leave it in my diad book. And I dont talk or text while driving, and if I need to make a call I go on break or lunch.

Md2drag

We can't have in cab at all.....I deliver some extremely long driveways, and today once I was all the way down the driveway when I rang bell here comes fido (happened to be a friendly dog) but what if it attacked and no phone to call for help, good luck getting timely response on diad. I also store gate codes on my phone, last week they loaded wrong loop info on diad which meant over ride every stop and no gate codes so I defer to iPhone. Or call another driver who does route regularly, (not while driving of course) and he won't hear phone in back of package car to help me. All business issues. Not personnel. Just sayin!!!

tourists24

I will carry my phone where I want to... I wont use it on the clock... Just as long as management doesnt try to call my phone, we wont have an issue

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will carry my phone where I want to... I wont use it on the clock... Just as long as management doesnt try to call my phone, we wont have an issue
Well they used to call me. Until I called in to get reamed about my time, it ended. Now I use it like you. If they want me to call it will be from a pay phone, and all the crack whores are on them, or I wont use them so they better diad me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And this is why I carry a cell phone, maybe it will save me. This was on my route. I try to go to this area before 3 as it is too dangerous after. Well this happened at noon. And it was a circus. I thought somebody was handing out thousand dollar bills. The crowd was unmanageable. But no one saw a thing. From a cross street I saw the guy sitting on his porch waiting for me with his cancer meds. I had earlier marked it emergency condition, but I got it to him. His answer was, I could be shot in my own house, instead of dying from cancer, sad very sad. There is a disabled lady living downstairs, unless she died, Im sure there is more to this than innocents sleeping.
Youngstown News, Identities of South Side murder victims confirmed
read the comments, not very encouraging.

And this is why I carry a cell phone, maybe it will save me. This was on my route. I try to go to this area before 3 as it is too dangerous after. Well this happened at noon. And it was a circus. I thought somebody was handing out thousand dollar bills. The crowd was unmanageable. But no one saw a thing. From a cross street I saw the guy sitting on his porch waiting for me with his cancer meds. I had earlier marked it emergency condition, but I got it to him. His answer was, I could be shot in my own house, instead of dying from cancer, sad very sad. There is a disabled lady living downstairs, unless she died, Im sure there is more to this than innocents sleeping.
Youngstown News, Identities of South Side murder victims confirmed
read the comments, not very encouraging.
a guy on my route cut his wife's head off last year. I'll have my phone with me too.

kingOFchester

So, I work 7 days a week, from 7am to 1am, .........
Now, I'm suppose to sell hot dogs at major events, too.!

If I am reading this correct, these major events take place between 1am and 7am? Who has a major event during those hours and when will you sleep?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Originally Posted by klein
Now, I'm suppose to sell hot dogs at major events, too

Do the math......that's like 18 hours a day. Add sleeping to that and smoking and beer guzzling & you would not have 2 seconds to post anything on BC. So I'm calling BS on the 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.

brown_trousers

Today in our PCM we were told we can no longer carry a cell phone on our person, must be locked in back of package car and only when punched out oon meal is it to be touched.

1.they told us we can't leave diad in back of pkg car on meal due to heat, why do I have to put my iPhone back there for the same reason.

2. If there was a family emergency I can't hear it back there, checking phone every time go in bulk head door is not productive.

3.i am a swing driver so I am on a different route and use my phone for maps. Not while vehicle is moving of course.

4.3 of the 4 calls yesterday were from management.

Believe it or not... Life has existed for thousands of years without cell phones, im sure life can survive a mere 9 hour shift without one.

Do the math......that's like 18 hours a day. Add sleeping to that and smoking and beer guzzling & you would not have 2 seconds to post anything on BC. So I'm calling BS on the 18 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Like is said LOSER.

Md2drag

Believe it or not... Life has existed for thousands of years without cell phones, im sure life can survive a mere 9 hour shift without one.
We also used to use paper instead of diad...it's called progress. (lol) and even though they made this decree they sent MSG in diad to call sup. and then he instructed me to call another driver for meet point . (how could he answer if locked in back of pkg car? A cell phone can be a valuable tool when used responsibly. I use it for maps and storing gate codes etc....

CRASH501

Thats all well and good, then DO NOT MESSAGE ME to, call for a meetpoint, call the center, call if I have offroutes, call my supervisor, ect.......

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have the same rule here. I refuse to obey it. I dont use the phone while driving, but I do keep it clipped to the visor so that I can reach it in an emergency. If I get hit head on while driving on some back road and the bulkhead door gets buckled, I wont be able to get to my phone to call 911. My life means more to me than following some stupid rule.

Lol. Mom catches him in a fib!