Can't check my paycheck

bemyers

I have been having a problem on UPSers.com. I've been trying to view my paycheck, but a popup windows that contains the following message is appearing instead of the usual payroll stuff:

GEMS will be unavailable on Friday, April 4, 2008 from 12:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.

Includes
  • Personal information update
  • View paycheck
  • GEMS administration access
It seems to me that April 4 is long over. Further I was able to look at my check on Thursday, but every other day of the week it did not work, including now.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem?

Thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did and I was able to fix it myself. I can show you but it is up to you if you want to do this yourself or if you would rather send an e-mail to tech support and they will guide you through how to fix this.

Here is what I did:

First, click on "Tools", which is just under the address bar (where the website address is)

Second, click on Delete Browsing History. This will give you a pop-up window with several choices. Click on delete temporary internet files and wait until that is finished. Click on delete cookies and wait until that is finished. You can also choose to delete browsing history but you should think twice about this as you will have to enter website addresses for all of the sites currently in your history all over again as this action will wipe them out. Keep in mind that performing these steps will mean that it may take you a little longer to access your favorite sites the first time after doing this as you will not have cookies or files associated with those sites in place.

Third, after you have deleted your temporary internet files, cookies and (optional) browsing history, close your browser, shut down and restart your computer so that the changes can take affect, and you should be fine.

I hope that this helps.