Can't do anything right

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, that was my thought, too. Just a few hours ago in another thread he was saying how all the drivers in his center were going to follow the contract to the letter, and shove it up the new CMs butt.

That didn't last long.....

NOW the contract is just words on a piece of paper. I think Upstate should leave the "following the contract to the letter" stuff to the real men. If there are any in the BOG.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. You said that I needed to show you in the contract where it says that it is your responsibility to worry about your co-workers. I said that I find it sad that you need words on a piece of paper to tell you that we should always look out for one another.

Which part of that did you fail to understand?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You are the only joke that I see here.
Oh, that hurt, I'm crushed. So much, in fact, that I'm going to write a long, depressing Bye Bye BC letter where I still manage to sound like self-righteous and storm out the theoretical door. Where I can spend my BC free weekends sitting alone in movie theaters. Oh wait.........No.

over9five

Staff member
You need to work on your reading comprehension. You said that I needed to show you in the contract where it says that it is your responsibility to worry about your co-workers. I said that I find it sad that you need words on a piece of paper to tell you that we should always look out for one another.

Which part of that did you fail to understand?

Better just sit that "abide by the contract" thing out Upstate, and let the real men take care of things.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You mean start at 8am from the sat spot? and just sit there for an hour before my trailer gets there?
They gave you an 8am start. Grab some Windex, paper towels and a broom and code 058 the hour. Or you could drive a few more miles east and help this old fart load his package car. You could also spend the hour stretching as we have about 160 stops EC'd between the two of us from Friday which pretty much means we are screwed with 13 hour + days.

Aches and pains are one thing-----I am only 52 but I do the "old man walk" every morning.

If I were to twist my ankle on Monday and wait until the 27th to report it my center manager would have an absolute fit, especially if it resulted in a lost time injury.

But you cannot be disciplined for it because it is within the 30 Days required by NY state law. A WC attourney would have fun with that.

Squint

No more work for me!
Upstate, you should take another sabbatical soon, your brain is getting used too much to understand all that is written here.

BrownBuckaroo

Boxy Lady
I thank you for all your advice and knowledge. I even learned a little about concussions so I feel more prepared if I am ever in this situation again.
I thought all PC drivers had nursing degrees. I do. And I agree with OP. Helper was alert and oriented. Knew person place time and event. and in the situation of a minor "concussion", (which he had no previous knowledge of the signs and symptoms) I find it commendable that the driver recognized that she needed to stop working instead of just running her the rest of the day. She sounds like a very hard dedicated worker and if he wouldnt have sent her home she wouldve kept working. Exacerbating the situation. He should be thanked.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What the...why are you bumping a thread from last winter. I saw freezing rain and did a triple take.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck