Car and Bike Talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
0903150713.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Both the Spyders and the Slingshots are nothing more than a snowmobile with wheels in the front. I fail to see why they are even classified as a motorcycle. I think they both look gay----JMO
I think they still look better than a traditional trike, like a Tri Glide or something. Though personally if I were ever too old or disabled for two wheels, I would just stick a sidecar on my bike.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think they still look better than a traditional trike, like a Tri Glide or something. Though personally if I were ever too old or disabled for two wheels, I would just stick a sidecar on my bike.

Sidecar bikes are really hard to steer (even harder than a trike)----I've been told. I don't know if that's true.

clean hairy

Was watching an episode of Pawn Stars, and a guy was selling a 1969 Triumph, all restored with all NOS parts.
The expert they brought in (or was it Rick Harrison?) mentioned that Triumph not only manufactured cars and motorcycles, but at one time they also built bicycles.
Was anyone else ever aware of that?

rod

Retired 22 years

Sprint car clears the fence at Knoxville and lands on the edge of US Hwy 14, A HyVee semi going by at the same time (can see it in the video) had his front window totally smashed by flying pieces of metal. This was the 8th time someone has cleared the fence (12 feet high) at Knoxville. . Ironically this drivers Dad was the first one to do it (shorter fence at that time). Hard to believe no one was injured---just shook up. HyVee driver didn't know what hit him. I've seen two cars clear it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Was watching an episode of Pawn Stars, and a guy was selling a 1969 Triumph, all restored with all NOS parts.
The expert they brought in (or was it Rick Harrison?) mentioned that Triumph not only manufactured cars and motorcycles, but at one time they also built bicycles.
Was anyone else ever aware of that?
I knew BSA did.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Sprint car clears the fence at Knoxville and lands on the edge of US Hwy 14, A HyVee semi going by at the same time (can see it in the video) had his front window totally smashed by flying pieces of metal. This was the 8th time someone has cleared the fence (12 feet high) at Knoxville. . Ironically this drivers Dad was the first one to do it (shorter fence at that time). Hard to believe no one was injured---just shook up. HyVee driver didn't know what hit him. I've seen two cars clear it.
Maybe a better retention system is in order here.