Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
I see Leah Pritchett set an all time national top fuel record a few miles from me at BIR for the NHRA Nationals. 3.640 at 331.53 mph. I can hear them running as I type this. The big ones shake my windows and they are about 12 miles away. I think its live on tv on Sunday. I'm going to the dirt track races in about a half hour----its more exciting that watching cars go straight down a track.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Anybody interested in making a Bluesmobile replica? 69K on the odometer.
20170903_150258.jpg
20170903_150318.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I see Leah Pritchett set an all time national top fuel record a few miles from me at BIR for the NHRA Nationals. 3.640 at 331.53 mph. I can hear them running as I type this. The big ones shake my windows and they are about 12 miles away. I think its live on tv on Sunday. I'm going to the dirt track races in about a half hour----its more exciting that watching cars go straight down a track.
She is awful cute though .

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Had the opportunity to put a few hundred miles on a BMW R1200R today. Damn. Cuts those miles like a knife through warm butter. I think I know what direction I might be heading for my next bike.

DSCN2445.JPG

sailfish

That or a new FJR 1300. :thumbup1:
I try to avoid brand loyalty but I am kind of a Yamaha guy. Probably the biggest swaying point of the Beamer is the optional sound system, which the FJR doesn't have.

However, I thought it would be a lot easier to hear than what it was, and I don't feel like I can hear it well enough to utilize full enjoyment from it (at highway speeds at least). So with that being less of a selling point, we'll see what happens.

rod

Retired 22 years
I try to avoid brand loyalty but I am kind of a Yamaha guy. Probably the biggest swaying point of the Beamer is the optional sound system, which the FJR doesn't have.

However, I thought it would be a lot easier to hear than what it was, and I don't feel like I can hear it well enough to utilize full enjoyment from it (at highway speeds at least). So with that being less of a selling point, we'll see what happens.
I HAVE NO problem hearing the sound system on my Harley Ultra at highway speeds.

sailfish

I HAVE NO problem hearing the sound system on my Harley Ultra at highway speeds.
Well, for me there's a big difference between simply hearing it and actually being able to clearly hear all the highs, lows, and everything in between to the point of actually fully enjoying it.

I also prefer to ride with an enclosed helmet and ear plugs so that doesn't help either.