Car and Bike Talk

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Well, for me there's a big difference between simply hearing it and actually being able to clearly hear all the highs, lows, and everything in between to the point of actually fully enjoying it.

I also prefer to ride with an enclosed helmet and ear plugs so that doesn't help either.
Totally different bikes, but I've seen the coolest Suzuki around. I think it's a DRZ400

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
@1BROWNWRENCH when you take those long tours, how often do you get off the bike to stretch and walk around? Having a plush touring bike made a big difference from my cafe racer (obviously) but I was still dying towards the end of the day. Extended rides always do me in long before I wanted the ride to end.

rod

Retired 22 years
@1BROWNWRENCH when you take those long tours, how often do you get off the bike to stretch and walk around? Having a plush touring bike made a big difference from my cafe racer (obviously) but I was still dying towards the end of the day. Extended rides always do me in long before I wanted the ride to end.
most I ever did was 400. To me that's about the limit

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I usually stop every 100 to 150 or so. Usually need to refill by then anyway. Strange how a really good stretch of road makes all the discomforts go away.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I usually stop every 100 to 150 or so. Usually need to refill by then anyway. Strange how a really good stretch of road makes all the discomforts go away.
I had to wonder. Depending on the bike, I seem to only go maybe 100 miles or an hour before I start to hurt.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had to wonder. Depending on the bike, I seem to only go maybe 100 miles or an hour before I start to hurt.
I find a few miles standing on the legs helps a lot with the Monkey Butt. Been thinking of getting some of those fancy bicycle shorts. SAREGENT saddle was not as much of an improvement as I'd hoped.

clean hairy

If you were looking for a car that would give you best mileage, what would you most likely buy?
Turbo diesel, hybrid, or plug in hybrid, or just an ordinary gas vehicle. if mileage was highest on your list of buying?