Car and Bike Talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If you were looking for a car that would give you best mileage, what would you most likely buy?
Turbo diesel, hybrid, or plug in hybrid, or just an ordinary gas vehicle. if mileage was highest on your list of buying?
High-mpg regular gas vehicle if saving money is your goal. Unless your reasoning is "saving the planet" or specifically not burning fuel, the cost increase of a hybrid or something is gonna take a while to be made up for by any gas you save.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you were looking for a car that would give you best mileage, what would you most likely buy?
Turbo diesel, hybrid, or plug in hybrid, or just an ordinary gas vehicle. if mileage was highest on your list of buying?

Before you scoff at the manufacturer, go check out a Hyundai Ioniq.

Just don't go for the base model. It's pretty spartan.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
20170624_135936.jpg

Graves Yamaha transporter wheel.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like Harley is in trouble again. Shutting down the Kansas City plant. Their bikes just aren't selling and they are too big to compete in the overseas market. I was just in the Harley dealer the other day seeing how much it would cost to trade mine in on a Tri-Glide. They want my 2011 Ultra Glide and $28,000. I think I will be looking for a good used one.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Sounds like Harley is in trouble again. Shutting down the Kansas City plant. Their bikes just aren't selling and they are too big to compete in the overseas market. I was just in the Harley dealer the other day seeing how much it would cost to trade mine in on a Tri-Glide. They want my 2011 Ultra Glide and $28,000. I think I will be looking for a good used one.
I like Harleys but damn do they need to innovate if they want to keep charging what they do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yesterday's technology, tomorrow's prices.

The old guys like old school. Too bad we are running out of old guys. They'll have to do something. What pisses me off is their clothing that's all made in China-Indonesia-Vietnam. Its all priced like its individually sewn in the back of each store by $35 buck an hour UPS drivers---with full benefits.