Car and Bike Talk

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I hope you didn't have to go far with that overload.

I went to get some 2b gravel for my stepfather when I had my Nissan 4wd Hardbody.

They loaded it with the big loader, and I guess the operator was waiting for it to squat, but it didn't. When I got on the scales, I had 2750 lbs of stone in a truck rated for 1500 lbs.

Luckily, I didn't have to drive far.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I went to get some 2b gravel for my stepfather when I had my Nissan 4wd Hardbody.

They loaded it with the big loader, and I guess the operator was waiting for it to squat, but it didn't. When I got on the scales, I had 2750 lbs of stone in a truck rated for 1500 lbs.

I always run out of truck before saw on those days. At least there's room still left for my gear by then.

rod

Retired 22 years

My brother burned up the rear wheel bearings hauling a heavy load in his Ranger. Literally fried them.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My brother burned up the rear wheel bearings hauling a heavy load in his Ranger. Literally fried them.

I only drove a couple miles with that load on it.

The truck did crap out on me later, but that was rust and electrical gremlins.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ducatis are a grenade with the pin pulled. Never saw one finish the Daytona 200 under normal circumstances.

I once did a funeral (with the Patriot Guard) where the deceased was a member of a Kansas City Ducati Club. The club (about 20 of them) biked the 9 1/2 hours up from KC, did the half hour funeral and then biked 9 1/2 back. I'm sure they probably did it in less time. The casket was brought up in an enclosed M/C trailer pulled by a pickup. As they left the cemetery they all did burn-outs in honor of their friend. That was the neatest funeral I've ever been a part of.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I've got a question. I put a new alternator in my 82 gmc 1 ton with a 454. Now the volt meter bounces all over the place and the lights flicker. What gives? Battery is good and it didn't do this before I changed the alternator. I only changed the alternator because the bearing in the pulley went bad.

rod

Retired 22 years
Now I see Jeep is in trouble for that ad they ran during the Super Bowl that showed a Jeep driving down a stream. The environmental people are saying they probably ruined all kinds of fish spawning structure.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a question. I put a new alternator in my 82 gmc 1 ton with a 454. Now the volt meter bounces all over the place and the lights flicker. What gives? Battery is good and it didn't do this before I changed the alternator. I only changed the alternator because the bearing in the pulley went bad.

One video on Youtube says it could be a bad inline fuse.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
EAD4B96C-3C1A-422F-AF16-9927C7F40163.jpeg
Now I see Jeep is in trouble for that ad they ran during the Super Bowl that showed a Jeep driving down a stream. The environmental people are saying they probably ruined all kinds of fish spawning structure.

When I saw that Jeep going thru the Madison river I knew the Sierra Club folks would be getting all worked up

Rightly so if they were actually driving across The Madison