Car and Bike Talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
With a bit of cleaning and oil, I'm sure all 8 Brownings could be made to work. Ever seen the recovery of that P47 from the bottom of that Austrian lake? Or the German marked T-34 recovered from that lake in Estonia? Incredible.

They pull planes out of Lake Michigan every now and then. They did carrier training at Great Lakes Naval and rookies were splashing planes all the time.

Rico

With a bit of cleaning and oil, I'm sure all 8 Brownings could be made to work. Ever seen the recovery of that P47 from the bottom of that Austrian lake? Or the German marked T-34 recovered from that lake in Estonia? Incredible.

The incredible thing about the T34 was that with only a few hours of work, the diesel engine started up. I bet you could throw a handful of change into the crankcase on that beast and it would still run.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I found it amazing that the T-34 was allegedly running when it went in and apparently nothing was bent. Amazing what a few feet of peat and mud can do. I would have loved to be in on that.

Rico

Some of those old engines are tough little bastards. I've seen a L-134 with a hole in the side of the block where it threw a rod, still plugging away on 3 cylinders.

Rico

Go boom? Sure, I bet they would. Wouldn't want to be any where near that tank when the trigger is pulled. Explosives that old you can't be sure where they will go boom.

oldngray

nowhere special
Castrol Rocket targetting 400 mph | Fox News

castrol-rocket-1.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Nice. Jason isn't doing so well in AMA Daytona Sportbike this year. Surely this must be exaggerated speed reported here. You know, FOX news.:funny:

The first song on the iPod that I was conscious enough to recall was " Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones,Bridges to Babylon live version.