Carol dumping her bags

Commercial Inside Release

Carole selling her sock, otherwise she'll be negotiating with one hand tied behind her back. She plans on burning the Teamsters hard! Otherwise, she would have sold long ago, to maintain an aire of "good faith bargaining."

I'm stockpiling popcorn, and looking forward to the show. It's gonna be gooooood!

Thebrownblob

Carole selling her sock, otherwise she'll be negotiating with one hand tied behind her back. She plans on burning the Teamsters hard! Otherwise, she would have sold long ago, to maintain an aire of "good faith bargaining."

I'm stockpiling popcorn, and looking forward to the show. It's gonna be gooooood!
She’s going to sell her brown UPS socks? Doubt That she uses them anyway

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
What does it mean when the CEO, and 3rd largest single holder are dumping? Is this a serious question?

Also look at the timing. A few weeks into the start of negotiations…. The elite get richer simply due to insider knowledge. Something has been recognized, and action to protect/increase a few people personal fortune’s has been taken.
I always thought it was funny when they would tell anyone in management. You are part of this team. The question all you management people should be asking is why tomè was in Davos representing ups? And what was talked about in back rooms?

Faceplanted

it seems like Atlanta sent its clean up squad

“It’s just carol buying a property or something”
“Its normal”

Quoted from article on yahoo: Kathleen Gutmann, made the biggest insider sale in the last 12 months. That single transaction was for US$10m worth of shares at a price of US$190 each. So we know that an insider sold shares at around the present share price of US$180

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. The 3 biggest single holders sold DRASTIC portions of their stack in the last 12 months…. “But this is all normal!!!! Theyre Just buying some goodies, Juan just retired (implying it’s normal for people to retire and sell their whole stack). It’s not even that much in the big scheme of things”

Pure copium being smoke in here

Last edited:

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
it seems like Atlanta sent its clean up squad

“It’s just carol buying a property or something”
“Its normal”

Quoted from article on yahoo: Kathleen Gutmann, made the biggest insider sale in the last 12 months. That single transaction was for US$10m worth of shares at a price of US$190 each. So we know that an insider sold shares at around the present share price of US$180

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. The 3 biggest single holders sold DRASTIC portions of their stack in the last 12 months…. But this is all normal!!!! Theyre Just buying some goodies, Juan just retired (implying it’s normal for people to retire and sell their whole stack)
What if you were told that her (and many others') sales were a routine event related to the UPS Executive Stock Incentive Plan?
If you knew anything about that, you'd know that a "grant" is made to purchase future shares at a certain price. When that "future" occurs, you (apparently not you), sell a lot of shares at a profit and purchase those new shares (awarded) at that "granted" price. We call it "reverse telescoping".
Now, don't you feel silly?

Faceplanted

What if you were told that her (and many others') sales were a routine event related to the UPS Executive Stock Incentive Plan?
If you knew anything about that, you'd know that a "grant" is made to purchase future shares at a certain price. When that "future" occurs, you (apparently not you), sell a lot of shares at a profit and purchase those new shares (awarded) at that "granted" price. We call it "reverse telescoping".
Now, don't you feel silly?
No actually I don’t at all. You’re talking to me like I’m a dumb truck driver. It’s cute. I trade futures, options and may other financial products. Iv made pilot salary in the last couple years playing the markets. Indicators like these massive insider sell offs are telling.

MostHelpNeeded

I understand the thought process here, but I think you guys are looking wayyyy to far into this.

From Salary.com:
"As Chief Executive Officer at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC, Carol B. Tomé made $27,620,893 in total compensation. Of this total $1,336,251 was received as a salary, $1,397,139 was received as a bonus, $1,125,023 was received in stock options, $23,670,426 was awarded as stock and $92,054 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2021 fiscal year."

As the saying goes, more money, more bills. 95% of her income was in stock, I don't think it's too far out there to understand why someone would convert some of that into cash. Plus that whole don't put all your eggs in one basket thing.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
No actually I don’t at all. You’re talking to me like I’m a dumb truck driver. It’s cute. I trade futures, options and may other financial products. Iv made pilot salary in the last couple years playing the markets. Indicators like these massive insider sell offs are telling.
I know nothing about you except you're wrong about why these execs are selling their stock...

IT'S SO THEY CAN EXERCISE THEIR OPTIONS.

Are you a BC financial wizard? We already have too many of them....maybe you want to pick something else to specialize in.

Thebrownblob

I understand the thought process here, but I think you guys are looking wayyyy to far into this.

From Salary.com:
"As Chief Executive Officer at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC, Carol B. Tomé made $27,620,893 in total compensation. Of this total $1,336,251 was received as a salary, $1,397,139 was received as a bonus, $1,125,023 was received in stock options, $23,670,426 was awarded as stock and $92,054 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2021 fiscal year."

As the saying goes, more money, more bills. 95% of her income was in stock, I don't think it's too far out there to understand why someone would convert some of that into cash. Plus that whole don't put all your eggs in one basket thing.
Only one guy going way far out there. The rest of us don’t pretend to know what the stock sale means if it means anything at all.