Casuals coming back march 15th?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The biggest problem is they didn't bid the routes as a Tuesday-Saturday. That's causing a big commotion here.
It's a problem in a lot of places. I'm pretty sure two of the first places implemented don't have bidded routes. My area, and one out west, not sure where. Read it but someone posted it a while ago.

ManInBrown

We were told the only people who would be working Saturdays would be drivers at the bottom of the list. Not full time bid drivers.
I am bottom 15-20 in my center, and I am a bid driver.

As far as casuals coming back Mar 15th to work T-S, I would love that. Unfortunately it won't happen. I don't believe what you heard is correct. Union wouldn't allow it

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would assume there really isn't an official bid for Saturday.
Outside of SAT air, the loaded routes would be primarily heavy residential housecall areas that would mirror a weekday level route.
I'm sure seniority would dictate who does which WAD area, but they would not resemble any M-friend route.

UPSGUY72

How can they do that? What happens to those routes on Monday?

They don't go out thus T-S schedule. Most of the ground for Monday would have gotten delivered on Sat... There isn't any more volume coming in the Monday deliveries are getting delivered on Sat. The only reason UPS i doing it is because Fed ex and the post office delivers on Saturday and companies are asking UPS to do the same....

MyTripisCut

They don't go out thus T-S schedule. Most of the ground for Monday would have gotten delivered on Sat... There isn't any more volume coming in the Monday deliveries are getting delivered on Sat. The only reason UPS i doing it is because Fed ex and the post office delivers on Saturday and companies are asking UPS to do the same....
So why do it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So why do it?

He is explaining it wrong.

All of the ground volume is on property usually by 9 am Saturday morning. They will process ground packages until about 30 minutes before start time. Whatever is left and any commercial send agains that have already been processed will go out on Monday.

MyTripisCut

He is explaining it wrong.

All of the ground volume is on property usually by 9 am Saturday morning. They will process ground packages until about 30 minutes before start time. Whatever is left and any commercial send agains that have already been processed will go out on Monday.
Our start time on Saturdays is 9AM. Usually 8:30 during the week. This makes sense.

I am still of the opinion that as of right now, all this has allowed our company to do, is cut more routes during the week. We are running skin and bones around here, as far as number of routes go.

MyTripisCut

be

Because shipper are asking for that service and other deliver companies do it...
That's the company line. The union is feeding us the same line. So if volume doesn't pick up as a result of this, we'll scrap, this idea? Doubt it! When do we expect to see the "increase" in volume?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's the company line. The union is feeding us the same line. So if volume doesn't pick up as a result of this, we'll scrap, this idea? Doubt it! When do we expect to see the "increase" in volume?

Walmart has recently acquired a couple of online businesses and has changed their "Ship to Store" to "Pickup at Store". I deliver to our local Walmart and this volume has increased dramatically; in fact, one day this past week there more PAS than GM (General Merchandise). They are going after Amazon in a big way.