Casuals coming back march 15th?

UPSGUY72

That's the company line. The union is feeding us the same line. So if volume doesn't pick up as a result of this, we'll scrap, this idea? Doubt it! When do we expect to see the "increase" in volume?

It's not about an increase in Volume it about making deliveries on Sat there were originally going to be delivered on Monday..

UPSGUY72

You clearly have no idea.

It might lead to increased volume down the road. But if it was about increasng volume they would still have the routes running on Monday. I clearly have a clue I have Sat and listen to conference calls about it... Stop assuming things that you haven't personally heard about from a DM or above...

Cementups

Box Monkey
The biggest problem is they didn't bid the routes as a Tuesday-Saturday. That's causing a big commotion here.

I am bottom 15-20 in my center, and I am a bid driver.

As far as casuals coming back Mar 15th to work T-S, I would love that. Unfortunately it won't happen. I don't believe what you heard is correct. Union wouldn't allow it

My apologies. Our area we have part time cover drivers (TCDs). Those will be the ones delivering Saturday ground. Our bid drivers run M-friend. I should have clarified that in my original post.

Cementups

Box Monkey
He is explaining it wrong.

All of the ground volume is on property usually by 9 am Saturday morning. They will process ground packages until about 30 minutes before start time. Whatever is left and any commercial send agains that have already been processed will go out on Monday.

We were told that only residential would be getting delivered. Commercial deliveries would remain M-friend. At least at initial launch.

PT Car Washer

Ours do that now. But apparently the bottom x-amount will run T-Sat. It's not something I really concern myself with since I'm in the top half of seniority in my center so I won't be affected.
And so because it does not affected you it is alright ? I hear that a lot from high seniority FT employees at contract time. Until it does affect them. Then lets all go on strike to save my wages and benefits.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I have always said all PTers should be looking for another better job unless they have 25 years in.
I'm not part time...I have been with the company just under six years...I don't wanna throw all that away...but I also can't imagine myself doing this another 25 years...plus ibew local here tops out at 62 an hour....that's a nice chunk of change...with normal hours 7-330...might actually be able to start a family with those kind of hours and money.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ours do that now. But apparently the bottom x-amount will run T-Sat. It's not something I really concern myself with since I'm in the top half of seniority in my center so I won't be affected.
You'll be affected during peak, when we are all working six days a week! This is the goal that no one seems to be able to see through all the other hogwash!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You'll be affected during peak, when we are all working six days a week! This is the goal that no one seems to be able to see through all the other hogwash!
There's no other way for us to get the volume done and even then that's gonna buy us another couple years but that's it.

Cementups

Box Monkey

They told me that this past peak when they were forcing us to work Saturdays. Guess who didn't have to work a single Saturday except Black Saturday during peak. This guy ;) No hours left to work so no Saturdays. :D

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
To reduce my annual income by just over a grand?

By reducing your annual income by over a grand is increasing your annual income by 20 grand.

Think about it. What would you be making without a union?

The following is not directed at you Upstate.

And this same union cannot force UPS to not work on Saturday. Forcing people to work 6 days is a different story.

When they have casuals do what the FT employees do not want to do, don't complain about casuals.

If the current FT employees want to do it, they will not need casuals.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It might lead to increased volume down the road. But if it was about increasng volume they would still have the routes running on Monday. I clearly have a clue I have Sat and listen to conference calls about it... Stop assuming things that you haven't personally heard about from a DM or above...

Do those calls last longer when they have to stop every few minutes to explain everything to you?

Someone earlier compared the rollout of Saturday ground to the start of Next Day Air. This was volume that we never had and it took a while to educate the public. Although it has been on the decline domestically due to cost and other factors, NDA is still a significant revenue source.

Saturday ground will start by cannibalizing Monday volume, which will result in numerous routes being cut and areas combined, until such time that the volume has increased to the point where it will become just another delivery day. This will not happen overnight.

The cars will be loaded per Monday's plan and work will be moved around before start time on Monday to balance the dispatch.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm satellited out of a 200 route building. Bottom 40-50 seniority drivers will be forced into T-S routes beginning week of April 8th. Heard that most of our satellite routes will be cut on Mondays, however mine will not be because I cover to much of a geographical area and also have a pick up metro.
I'm hoping with the additional route cuts on Mondays that I will be offered the day off to let lower seniority M-friend drivers the opportunity to work.
I can dream of 4 day work weeks through much of the year. Time will tell.

ManInBrown

So the consensus seems to be bottom 20-25% of drivers will be working T-S. Does anyone know if they went the volunteer route first, before forcing from the bottom up? That would be my only hope. I'm bottom 20% in my center. I still think if they asked for volunteers first I might be spared. Panickers would jump at the opportunity to avoid the clusteryouknow what that Monday will become IMO.