Caught on camera: UPS delivery driver throws packages out of truck in Wheat Ridge

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Caught on camera: UPS delivery driver throws packages out of truck in Wheat Ridge - KDVR

The shipping company UPS is investigating after a Denver man recorded an employee apparently tossing dozens of packages out of the back of a delivery truck and onto the ground.

Joe H was working last Friday when he saw a UPS truck pull into a parking lot off of West 44th Avenue and Kipling Street in Wheat Ridge. He spotted the UPS delivery driver dump the packages. He says a woman standing next to the UPS truck then loaded the boxes into her van. UPS hires seasonal employees to make deliveries from their personal vehicles.

“She was just standing their laughing as the packages were coming, flying out,” H said.

Fuzzy Brown

I just love these holier-than-thou outraged concerned citizens who run to the media to get their 15 minutes at the expense a driver doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
If it were me I’d hire a P.I. to see what “disturbing” things I could find out about Mr. H.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To be fair, the guy does have a point. The driver should not be throwing the packages on to the ground. He should be tossing them toward the back of the car while the PVD stacks them up behind her minivan rather than checking her e-mail.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I just love these holier-than-thou outraged concerned citizens who run to the media to get their 15 minutes at the expense a driver doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
If it were me I’d hire a P.I. to see what “disturbing” things I could find out about Mr. H.
I can’t stand it.
“I was really just shocked at the whole thing. I couldn’t believe somebody would do that to other people’s Christmas presents.”
Why don’t you mind your own business and go.......do ANYTHING of value. People who sit around at home all day looking and waiting for people to screw up. Get a friend’in life you wierdos

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can’t stand it.
“I was really just shocked at the whole thing. I couldn’t believe somebody would do that to other people’s Christmas presents.”
Why don’t you mind your own business and go.......do ANYTHING of value. People who sit around at home all day looking and waiting for people to screw up. Get a friend’in life you wierdos

Uh......the person who shot the video was on his own property when doing so.

While it was not egregious, the transfer most certainly could have been handled more carefully.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Let’s be honest. Throwing, dropping and crushing packages at UPS is really SOP.

The training is just so these situations can be dealt with in a typical UPS “ blame the worker” way.

It is wrong but it is SOP.

I saw nothing that I haven’t seen countless times.

Nothing unusual here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let’s be honest. Throwing, dropping and crushing packages at UPS is really SOP.

The training is just so these situations can be dealt with in a typical UPS “ blame the worker” way.

It is wrong but it is SOP.

I saw nothing that I haven’t seen countless times.

Nothing unusual here.

Are you actually condoning this??

You have lost what little credibility you may have had.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you actually condoning this??

You have lost what little credibility you may have had.
No. I never condone improper package care.

IMO UPS management employees do however, except when they have to deal with video or something. Then they bring out the training.

Just stating my experience of routine and regular package handling as I have observed over 20+ years.

I always have followed and follow hand to surface handling methods.

Individuals who don’t should really be fired right after the management people who routine and regularly observe improper package care and do nothing about.

In my experience management employees are as guilty if not more so regarding package care infractions when I have observed them handling packages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn't see any management personnel in this video. All I saw was a bid route driver throwing packages out of the car on to the ground while the PVD was playing Candy Crush on her phone.

I have also witnessed numerous instances of package mishandling far worse than this in my 30 years on the job. Doesn't make this video any less disturbing.

As I said earlier, the driver should have tossed the packages toward the rear of the car while the PVD worked to stack them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I didn't see any management personnel in this video. All I saw was a bid route driver throwing packages out of the car on to the ground while the PVD was playing Candy Crush on her phone.

I have also witnessed numerous instances of package mishandling far worse than this in my 30 years on the job. Doesn't make this video any less disturbing.

As I said earlier, the driver should have tossed the packages toward the rear of the car while the PVD worked to stack them.
Yes the driver in the video was clearly not following “hand to surface” methods.

Tossing doesn’t = “hand to surface” methods either.

IMO The offload and the load should have happened simultaneously using “hand to surface” methods.

Small_b_mightT

Yeah I'm a seasonal in the Golden area and am just disgusted with how UPS is doing things this year! If they are hiring thousands of seasonals I just hope they are correctly paying them because Ive heard nothing but not so good stuff when it comes to UPS paying people accurately! Next year nobody will want to work for then because they have a hard time paying people and then give people the run around! Its pathetic for a company that size!!!!

Caught on camera: UPS delivery driver throws packages out of truck in Wheat Ridge - KDVR

The shipping company UPS is investigating after a Denver man recorded an employee apparently tossing dozens of packages out of the back of a delivery truck and onto the ground.

Joe H was working last Friday when he saw a UPS truck pull into a parking lot off of West 44th Avenue and Kipling Street in Wheat Ridge. He spotted the UPS delivery driver dump the packages. He says a woman standing next to the UPS truck then loaded the boxes into her van. UPS hires seasonal employees to make deliveries from their personal vehicles.

“She was just standing their laughing as the packages were coming, flying out,” H said.

specter208

Yes the driver in the video was clearly not following “hand to surface” methods.

IMO The offload and the load should have happened simultaneously using “hand to surface” methods.
A simultaneous unload/load is not realistic because the PVD needs to sort through the packages and load them in appropriate delivery order. Packages are not being unloaded from the package in perfect delivery order either.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Takes a lot longer and keeps you put of the media spotlight.

bbsam

Staff member
I find it incredibly hard to call that “throwing”. Sure, it’s not “textbook” package handling but really, it’s nothing.