Causal/ seasonal

ManInBrown

Here casual’s are a body with a pulse that alleviates pressure at peak and then gets kicked out into the cold last week of Dec/first week of Jan

That~guy

Didn’t you see the posting on UPSjobs.com ? It’s for ....seasonal/part-time/full-time/temporary
Yes UPS job said full-time I went to the interview they said it seasonal I understand that my question is why my status change to Casual just want to know if that was a different position or status

That~guy

Thanks for the help so far I'm starting to see nobody really knows for sure what casual means if it's just a different wording for seasonal or tcd I'm just new the game and just wanted to know if anybody knew why my classification switch to casual

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Thanks for the help so far I'm starting to see nobody really knows for sure what casual means if it's just a different wording for seasonal or tcd I'm just new the game and just wanted to know if anybody knew why my classification switch to casual
I was hired in October and was told I was seasonal, 15 years later I wish they meant it ..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A casual driver does not have his/her own route and is not guaranteed to work every day; however, if put on road, they do receive the daily guarantee. The key is to learn as many routes as possible and to figure out which drivers like to take a lot of time off. They will train you in the next week or so and you should be working every day from the week before Thanksgiving through the early part of January. You can also offer to work as a helper if they do not have you scheduled to be on road that day.

Poop Head

Judge me.
A casual driver does not have his/her own route and is not guaranteed to work every day; however, if put on road, they do receive the daily guarantee. The key is to learn as many routes as possible and to figure out which drivers like to take a lot of time off. They will train you in the next week or so and you should be working every day from the week before Thanksgiving through the early part of January. You can also offer to work as a helper if they do not have you scheduled to be on road that day.
Are you doing pvd this year?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No casual package driver just finished intergrad friday start on taining tuesday
Poops was asking upstate Dave...

Good luck if they're going to keep you after peak. It does vary depending on location.

Just assume it's seasonal, so when they let you go, it won't be a surprise.

P.S., does the union try to get their cut with seasonal jobs? If so, thAt's pretty sleazy