CDL before feeder school

Mr95list

Off the street hiring and inside hiring is 2 different things. They will not train off the street hires for their CDL... You need experience. If hired from inside, you're trained to get your class A and then feeder school. I am not guessing, I am not speculating, it is facts. We literally use the same 5 and 10s feeders use. We use all the same driving habits feeders use. If you can't follow package methods how are you going to follow feeders? Our pretrip is peanuts compared to feeders pretrip.. Stay part time and load those trucks and get that 13 a hour baby!

Quickdraw

Feeders isn't hard but isn't for everybody either the hours suck if you want family time unless you have 25+ years I can't speak for everywhere but our sups arnt to bad if they know you aren't going to take their smile*. we have decent stewards but they will try to figure out who will bend over and who won't. So keep a stiff back and it's alright

Quickdraw

After rereading my post it sounded like I was saying the stewards will try to figure out who will bend over I was referring to the sups.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know a guy who got dqed from package and then went into feeders, he turned out ok. Package will dq you if don't look like a hustler, feeders don't care about that and if they do it's for the opposite reason.

Cyclops

Some of you have good advice. Most of you are so pathetic you have nothing better to do than to get in this platform for no other reason than to be negative and antagonistic. Go read a book. Yeah...do it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We hire off the street feeder drivers here too.
300 package car drivers, none want to come to Feeders...

Same here. I’m one of ‘em.

And this is why UPS should allow transfers or open bidding across country. We have 2 feeder spots and 35 drivers wanting to go into them. Most of us will never see feeders in our careers unless we whack someone or blow someone.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
And this is why UPS should allow transfers or open bidding across country. We have 2 feeder spots and 35 drivers wanting to go into them. Most of us will never see feeders in our careers unless we whack someone or blow someone.
Well pal, lucky for you, you know how to do both!:biggrin:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Some are scared. For me, I’m not into working nights, and not getting the vacation schedule I want.
Fear of of the unknown is what I should have said. Most guys I talk to say they don't want to work nights, don't want to work the long hours, don't want to drive a big truck in the snow... I said all the same things for years whenever my buddies in feeders would try and talk me onto signing the bid list. Finally I got so sick of delivery that I signed it anyway and it didn't take me long to realize that all the things I thought were going to be a problem weren't a problem at all. You're right about the vacation though.

Nimnim

The Nim
I would imagine there's 10 times the reasons someone would get DQ'd from driving the PC than there are for being DQ'd from Feeders. Feeders, you make sure your :censored2: is right in the pretrip and follow the 10/5 while driving and probably being safer than that, in PC you glance the pretrip because you're taking too long to go deliver your AM and then you're behind the whole day by their metrics.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Some of you have good advice. Most of you are so pathetic you have nothing better to do than to get in this platform for no other reason than to be negative and antagonistic. Go read a book. Yeah...do it.

So, how come you flunked out of pkg.

Was it because the supe was a jerk and was mean to you?