Cell phone policy or rules

Can anyone tell me what are the rules for having a cell phone when you are working at UPS? I can't find anything about having a cell phone in the employee handbook.

542thruNthru

Yes it matters. It will also matter what supplemental contract you're under.

I'm assuming you were told you can't bring your cell phone inside and must leave it in your car and you are upset about it.

I brought in a doctor's letter to my sup about keeping the cell phone on me because of my sick grandmother. I was given permission to have the cell phone on me and I filled out a form the sup had me fill out. But now months later I was told I can't have the cell phone anymore.

Indecisi0n

I brought in a doctor's letter to my sup about keeping the cell phone on me because of my sick grandmother. I was given permission to have the cell phone on me and I filled out a form the sup had me fill out. But now months later I was told I can't have the cell phone anymore.
She still sick?

DOK

So if my sup told me I can't bring in my phone anymore. What am I suppose to do? I need the phone so my grandmother can call me if she needs me.
Keep in you’re pocket, if they give you flack about it file a grievance, you have a doctors note, that overrides your sup.

takesteady

Keep in you’re pocket, if they give you flack about it file a grievance, you have a doctors note, that overrides your sup.
My building has a guard shack with metal detectors that we have to walk through when we exit the building. A cell phone would definitely set it off. The security guards turn everyone around to get a pass which can be a huge bitch if LP isn’t around. I just asked my full timer for a form to turn into LP. Had to write my imei and my cell provider. Now I have permanent little ups sticker on my phone.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Since they told you that you can’t have the phone anymore even after signing that form maybe you’re breaching the trust of that form and using that phone other than emergencies