center manager go's off on driver in PCM

C

chuchu

thank you for the clarification. I've never seen a dog run but I've seen a dog run. Looks like avoidable accident after all.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Possibly even President Obama too!

Just going by experience on my previous comment. Sorry to say, was also shamed (though center manager did not say my name, 80% knew it was "mine") in a PCM over an "avoidable accident" which I already described several times on this site.

jugbutt2

Sounds like a very uncomfortable situation for everyone involved. Especially the driver who had the accident. The center manager could have spoken with the driver beforehand, and asked him to share the error with the work group, as a learning experience - to keep the other drivers from making the same error. Sounds like the center manager let the pressure of peak season, and the impending butt chewing on a conference call, get the better of him......

jugbutt2

Our steward had an unreported accident on Thursday. Hit a dog run. Thought he had worked out a deal with the homeowner. Homeowner called the toll free number. Steward will work last 2 days of Peak before discipline, if any, is given.

You gotta report 'em all! NO favorites!! (Of course, I have been gone for 10 years...)

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
That's how I see it. Don't you get fired on the spot for that?

Why anyone would risk this job by not reporting an accident....

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Yes, if termination is the discipline to be given(and contractually it should be) it would have to be done immediately upon knowledge by the company. There is no chance the company would prevail in front of a panel if they allowed someone to continue work because they needed them for peak and then fired them when the decided they no longer need them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, if termination is the discipline to be given(and contractually it should be) it would have to be done immediately upon knowledge by the company. There is no chance the company would prevail in front of a panel if they allowed someone to continue work because they needed them for peak and then fired them when the decided they no longer need them.
center manager made that decision when he let him report to work the next day.

DSM515

We'll I'm happy too report everything is aok, like I said before the center manager is a good guy and so is the driver and I'm glad it's water under the bridge. I think they both know there both lucky to still have there jobs. I'm glad we can all learn from both of their mistakes from this situation and hope it doesn't happen again.

over9five

Staff member
We'll I'm happy too report everything is aok, like I said before the center manager is a good guy and so is the driver and I'm glad it's water under the bridge. I think they both know there both lucky to still have there jobs. I'm glad we can all learn from both of their mistakes from this situation and hope it doesn't happen again.
So you're saying the center manager did the right thing, and apologized in front of the group?

gary miles

Let's just face the facts The difference between the old days and today these young C/M's have no class The Driver should have Held The C/M accountable

wayfair

swollen member
our meetings are mic'd and today the center manager handed the mic to a driver who had tripped and got injured the other day... I didn't think that was right for the driver to be singled out

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

our meetings are mic'd and today the center manager handed the mic to a driver who had tripped and got injured the other day... I didn't think that was right for the driver to be singled out

If just one driver corrected an unsafe behavior based on what the injured driver said then the center manager made the right call by "embarrassing" him.

We had a driver get injured on Thursday. He was wearing ice cleats and misjudged the step going back in to the pkg car, slipped and fell, catching himself with his right hand. He was wearing a sling yesterday and I heard that he had injured his rotator cuff. The center manager asked him during the PCM to tell us what happened and the driver said if he had just lifted his foot 1/2" higher none of this would have happened so all of the drivers wearing ice cleats were more aware of their footing as a result of what he said.