Center not honoring 8 hour guarantee to drivers while using PVDs

Fuzzy Brown

This morning the supervisors were begging drivers to take the day off work. There were so many routes cut because they're giving all of the work to the pvds and there ended up being extra drivers without routes. They had to give some of us pvd routes but then they stated that we couldn't get our 8 hour guarantee and once we were done we had to go home. Our Steward doesn't seem to be helpful and was wanting to come here to ask advice from you guys on how to proceed.
Make it clear to them you want your guaranteed 8 hours if they refuse file to be paid for all hours short of your guarantee.

DOK

DEMAND YOUR 8 HOURS CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYBODY

OH WAIT YOU GUYS WILL BE TRICKED BY YOUR CENTER MANAGER

CENTER MANAGER: YOU GUYS JUST WANT A FEW HOURS ON SATURDAY?!

SILLY DRIVERS: YAY SOUNDS GOOD DONT SCARE ME HEE HEE

IDIOTS …Like @Wally said we are our own worst enemy…
🧔‍♂️✊
Christmas Eve is a Saturday, we’re off.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
just don't clock out more than one minute early. tell them you're willing to work, and you'll be in the break room if they need anything.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
E1C536BA-3574-4C98-B1D1-DA3EC4A43F29.jpeg
Christmas Eve is a Saturday, we’re off.
L🧔‍♂️L

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I am not sure why some of my brothers and sisters aren’t understanding how this works. If you show up to work and you and are not told of a layoff in advance you are guaranteed hours. For my area it is 8 hours if you are full time. If they tell you that you are forced in to work you are guaranteed 8 hours. Suck it up and assert your contractual rights. Stop leaving early!

I am not sure why some of my brothers and sisters aren’t understanding how this works. If you show up to work and you and are not told of a layoff in advance you are guaranteed hours. For my area it is 8 hours if you are full time. If they tell you that you are forced in to work you are guaranteed 8 hours. Suck it up and assert your contractual rights. Stop leaving early!
Because you bet your ass that they will use that against us in the next contract negotiations

But the guys want to go home early...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The fools volunteer to go home without pay.