Central PA supplement wishlist

Central Pennsylvania Teamsters encompasses these following locals (229, 312, 401, 429, 764, 771, 773, 776)
I would like to see what everyone thinks our union officials should be fighting for in OUR supplement. Our union should be around soon (fall of 2022) handing out polls to see what is important to our members.

I will go first:

1: NO cameras in trucks!! (the very definition of over supervision and harassment)
2: Keep accumulating vacations.....i.e. 7 weeks after 30 years...8 weeks after 35....9 after 40 years etc...
3: After obtaining 3 weeks vacation, you can use 1 week like personal days. Just like personal days you will have a minimum required amount of drivers off per day.

Utilize this tool to compare the haves to the have nots and get your list together.

Thebrownblob

Central Pennsylvania Teamsters encompasses these following locals (229, 312, 401, 429, 764, 771, 773, 776)
I would like to see what everyone thinks our union officials should be fighting for in OUR supplement. Our union should be around soon (fall of 2022) handing out polls to see what is important to our members.

I will go first:

1: NO cameras in trucks!! (the very definition of over supervision and harassment)
2: Keep accumulating vacations.....i.e. 7 weeks after 30 years...8 weeks after 35....9 after 40 years etc...
3: After obtaining 3 weeks vacation, you can use 1 week like personal days. Just like personal days you will have a minimum required amount of drivers off per day.

Utilize this tool to compare the haves to the have nots and get your list together.

Not sure that’s site is entirely correct, under the central it says we don’t get option days, we do in fact it two option days a year as well as the option to split two weeks into single days, although I would never do that personally, because the company can deny them for any reason.

Still not a bad tool to use to look at other Regions entitlements.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Not sure that’s site is entirely correct, under the central it says we don’t get option days, we do in fact it two option days a year as well as the option to split two weeks into single days, although I would never do that personally, because the company can deny them for any reason.

Central states or central Pa? We get 5 options days a year here.

I agree. I have to admit when I was younger I really didn’t look at that stuff either to be honest.
We was all guilty of that at one time. Now that we have some time and we have to educate the younger people and make them understand why language is so important.
Unfortunately everyone is supposed to how much money we're going to get and not at the language in the contract.

He should be more concerned about pension and retiree healthcare.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure they do not have health care coverage once they retire
Our pension is pretty solid, in addition to our defined benefit plan they also put money into our RIP account. UPS contributed $25000 to our DB and an additional $4000 to our RIP (which is like an IRA). Retiree healthcare is something that should also be addressed...Good thinking

Correct...it's just a tool.