Central PA supplement wishlist

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Our pension is pretty solid, in addition to our defined benefit plan they also put money into our RIP account. UPS contributed $25000 to our DB and an additional $4000 to our RIP (which is like an IRA). Retiree healthcare is something that should also be addressed...Good thinking

UPS contributing 25 K into your (Defined Pension Plan) may not be correct... they only have to contribute enough to maintain the promised monetary benefits at the end of the year.

A (Monetary Contribution Pension Plan) like the Western is fueled by weekly contributions per individual.

I know nothing about your RIP pension supplement...Can you give more details?

For the life of me I don’t understand why you guys do not have any language for retiree’s Healthcare, are you under (Team Care)?

Here is another question about the retirees’ Health and Welfare contributions:

Does the companies still contribute once the members retire before they qualify for Medicare?

There is nothing wrong with it but I’d rather see healthcare after you retire addressed instead. I’m under the same supplement as you.
I agree. Retiree healthcare is important. This also may be addressed at the local union level. I believe local 401receives a stipend once they retire to put towards their health benefits. Someone who knows more about that can correct me if I am wrong though. It also may be self-serving on my part because my wife is working until 62 and I will be on her benefits when I retire, and she receives benefits until she is 65.

UPS contributing 25 K into your (Defined Pension Plan) may not be correct... they only have to contribute enough to maintain the promised monetary benefits at the end of the year.

A (Monetary Contribution Pension Plan) like the Western is fueled by weekly contributions per individual.

I know nothing about your RIP pension supplement...Can you give more details?

For the life of me I don’t understand why you guys do not have any language for retiree’s Healthcare, are you under (Team Care)?

Here is another question about the retirees’ Health and Welfare contributions:

Does the companies still contribute once the members retire before they qualify for Medicare?
I will try and answer these in order:
25k is correct. I have a pension statement we receive yearly that tells us what the company puts in. Ours is based off an hourly contribution which increases yearly. Without looking it up I believe it may be somewhere in the ballpark of 12-13$ per hour worked.
Before the defined benefit plan came along our pension was individualized. UPS contributions went right into each individual employee. Sometime ago with the trucking companies going under(and funding decreasing) the union needed to address the shortfall. We at that point went into the Defined benefit plan with everyone else. But we individually kept our RIP plans.

We are not under teamcare, we receive our benfits from our local union (central pa teamsters)

They do not continue to contribute once we retire. We receive any benefits from our local.