Central Region Sick Days

Bigtruck

No, only the special week is paid at 50. Same as before. We gained nothing. You can still control use your special week as a vacation week or you can split it into 5 sick days and lose a week off. BS!!

DriverNerd

I've always chosen to work my option week and just take it as an extra check. Now it looks like that's not an option so I'll just have to let it run out and get paid for it. I much preferred to choose when I got the money.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've always chosen to work my option week and just take it as an extra check. Now it looks like that's not an option so I'll just have to let it run out and get paid for it. I much preferred to choose when I got the money.
How did you come to that false conclusion?

DriverNerd

How did you come to that false conclusion?
The wording of the contract sick time gives three options to use the sick pay. One of those is to take the time off.

But then on the next page says you can take pay in lieu of taking it, completely contradicting the new paragraph added.

Last edited:

DriverNerd

The option to schedule pay in lieu of time off for the option week at vacation selection time was not removed from Article 16, read it again.
I see that. But we no longer get an option week. We now get 5 sick days. Under that paragraph it says how those days must be used. There is no option week in the contract to use, that has been crossed out.

I'm not disputing what you are saying is in the contract. If you consider the five paid sick days as an option week then the paragraph including them says you can schedule them as a paid week off, then per your response, says you can use it as pay in lieu of vacation, contradicting the information shown in the sick pay paragraph. That's what I'm saying. I would be fine with the wording of the five sick days are to be considered an option week, but it doesn't list it as such. At least that's how I interpret it. I could be completely wrong here.

*I fully understand that wasn't the most coherent response from me.

Last edited:

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I see that. But we no longer get an option week. We now get 5 sick days. Under that paragraph it says how those days must be used. There is no option week in the contract to use, that has been crossed out.

I'm not disputing what you are saying is in the contract. If you consider the five paid sick days as an option week then the paragraph including them says you can schedule them as a paid week off, then per your response, says you can use it as pay in lieu of vacation, contradicting the information shown in the sick pay paragraph. That's what I'm saying. I would be fine with the wording of the five sick days are to be considered an option week, but it doesn't list it as such. At least that's how I interpret it. I could be completely wrong here.

The definition of option is "a thing that is or may be chosen."
I think Art:16 fits that definition quite nicely

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I'm going to make this as simple as I can and I hope you don't feel as if I am patronizing or talking down to you,

....all this does is give you one additional "option" to exercise for your "option week".

The language that provides for taking pay in lieu of time off remains and is unchanged.

Screenshot_20230801_183017_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

It's really just that simple.

Thebrownblob

I'm going to make this as simple as I can and I hope you don't feel as if I am patronizing or talking down to you,

....all this does is give you one additional "option" to exercise for your "option week".

The language that provides for taking pay in lieu of time off remains and is unchanged.

View attachment 440646

It's really just that simple.
I thought it was self-explanatory that you had to designate. I guess not.