Central Region Sick Days

nWo

Screenshot_20230731-211928.png

Hadjabear

Not great for areas that received sick pay from local/state laws. Since we don't get sick pay, ups was required to provide it on top of the option week.

SpicyItalian739

After next year I hit my 25 and was kind of unsure of when to take a 7th week (since I take vacation every 2 months January-November). Now I can stay with my every 2 months paradigm and have my sick days too—and if I don’t take them then they can just pay out. I like that flexibility.

If I were lower seniority with less weeks of vacation time, this would feel like a total WOMP WOMP.

Pullman Brown

Anybody else’s supplement changed the training time period from 30-40? Good grief! If they can’t figure it out by thirty do you think 10 days is going to do it..

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So they stole a vacation week and gave sick days. Uhhh...go team?
It gives the employee (all employees part-time and full-time) the "option" to schedule their "option week" as usual or use it as individual sick days with an hours notice to the Company.

More "options" for all on how to use your "option week", get it?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not great for areas that received sick pay from local/state laws. Since we don't get sick pay, ups was required to provide it on top of the option week.
If that's the case, wherever you are referring to, they should schedule it as an option week as usual, eh?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So if you use FMLA it will be paid as a sick day?
If it's unscheduled, perhaps, hence the "option" to use them as sick days or schedule them as a weeks vacation.

FMLA abusers would probably be advised not to break them up in order to achieve their goals.