Central States going broke---

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The ERISA law governing pensions in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's required plans to make improvements when funding levels exceeded 100%.

These guidelines were adjusted under the PPA of 2006 and further adjusted under MPRA of 2014.

I believe that if a pension plan reaches that 100% level it will have enough monetary funds in their kitty to pay the promised benefits without any further employer contributions according to their investment returns, which changes year to year.

rod

Retired 22 years
Pension age should have been raised to 65 with less benefits. Sucks, but should have been done.
That would have meant I would have had to work another 13 years and put me with 43 years at UPS. That wasn't in the cards. Are you going to be one of those who works 43 years at UPS?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They cut our pension a few years ago
Including the retirees
People need to wake up and save some money for themselves because you can't
Always count on someone else to take care of you
We as a local voted to put part of our raise back into the fund.

Doubt any of these funds that want handouts did that.

rod

Retired 22 years
We as a local voted to put part of our raise back into the fund.

Doubt any of these funds that want handouts did that.
We were always giving up part of our raises for health care and pensions. Sorry Wally--you don't know what you are talking about--stick with your photo shopping--you are great at that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We were always giving up part of our raises for health care and pensions. Sorry Wally--you don't know what you are talking about--stick with your photo shopping--you are great at that.
So after giving and giving since the mid 1980's, the pension is still wacked?

PT Car Washer

That would have meant I would have had to work another 13 years and put me with 43 years at UPS. That wasn't in the cards. Are you going to be one of those who works 43 years at UPS?
I hit the magic number a few months ago. Still have people ahead of me in seniority.