Central States going broke---

You must like your job more than I liked mine, I was never on the fence about it. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Part of me wants to leave any other part does not want to
I've been on my rock for a long time and I've had some people have to give me a little inspiration to keep going

I do grow you a lot of buddy** at this places just absolutely unbelievable

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
what I'm trying to say is the contributions that you are given away from your paycheck is based on 40 hours

Maybe @BigUnionGuy can elaborate on
I know where I'm at The company is paying over $600 a week entire pension plan it's very closer to 6:30

What plan are you under? I am in the Central most of the full timers are under the IBT/UPS pension. That plan is a defined pension plan which only pays for the negotiated benefit levels at the end of the year. Article 34 weekly individual monetary contributions does not apply to any defined pension plans.

The Western Conference’s pension plans for the most part are “monetary contribution plans” which is covered under the Article 34 languages. Their plan will grow according to newer participants and negotiated hourly increases. That is why their benefits are so superior to ours in the Central or Southern and will always be..

What plan are you under? I am in the Central most of the full timers are under the IBT/UPS pension. That plan is a defined pension plan which only pays for the negotiated benefit levels at the end of the year. Article 34 weekly individual monetary contributions does not apply to any defined pension plans.

The Western Conference’s pension plans for the most part are “monetary contribution plans” which is covered under the Article 34 languages. Their plan will grow according to newer participants and negotiated hourly increases. That is why their benefits are so superior to ours in the Central or Southern and will always be..
I am not in a central state's plan but the company does pay a lot of money on my behalf
Unfortunately too many companies have one out of business in my pension plan

Up In Smoke

I find it funny that in 2020 the government found 200 billion dollars to subsidize oil and gas, farmers, renewable energy, exports, housing, Puerto Rico and auto, but can't insure the Central States Pension Fund.

I am not in a central state's plan but the company does pay a lot of money on my behalf
Unfortunately too many companies have one out of business in my pension plan
Why is a business that fails such a big deal? The participants are no longer increasing their payout and most likely not eligible for early retirement. That can postpones a pension payout by 15 years.

quad decade guy

Name a few.
4.6 million people are in state and local pensions in California.

1 in 9.

Underfunded pensions are at a historic high due to wildly optimistic returns on investment.

I remember when our pension became dire news....our Local president blamed Enron..... always passing the buck...like some on BC(Big Union Guy types).

Greedy union types chasing those too good to be true returns so they can skim ever more.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I see Mitch McConnell's state is the least funded and the state itself has a 30% debt to gdp ratio, far worst in the US. You would think he would try to address his voters issues.
4.6 million people are in state and local pensions in California.

1 in 9.

Underfunded pensions are at a historic high due to wildly optimistic returns on investment.

I remember when our pension became dire news....our Local president blamed Enron..... always passing the buck...like some on BC(Big Union Guy types).

Greedy union types chasing those too good to be true returns so they can skim ever more.
Just tagging on service year requirements would help.

We have some state workers collecting 3 pensions! They need a bailout?