Central States going broke---

rod

Retired 22 years
Just tagging on service year requirements would help.

We have some state workers collecting 3 pensions! They need a bailout?
A lot of the Goverment Unions allow the person to retire, wait a month or so and then go right back on the payroll and keep their pension checks coming in-----so the are in reality they making almost twice as much. . Teachers Unions are like that also. CRAZY.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

A lot of the Goverment Unions allow the person to retire, wait a month or so and then go right back on the payroll and keep their pension checks coming in-----so the are in reality making almost twice as much. . Teachers Unions are like that also. CRAZY.
That's not exclusive to government Unions. There's a lot of private employee unions that allow that as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's not exclusive to government Unions. There's a lot of private employee unions that allow that as well.
Some other Unions have some amazing (and stupid as far as business goes) perks. The United Auto Workers used to get like 80% of their regular pay if they were laid off. I don't know if that is still true. The United Mine Workers around here could earn over 15 weeks of paid vacation a year. A friend of mines dad got 17 weeks. The Railway Workers had it pretty good also when it came to vacations. Another friends Dad was an train engineer and he got 12 weeks a year vaca.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They're in a separate plan.

I am presuming that your part timers are under the company controlled “UPS Pension Plan”.

With the next contract expect the Company to negotiate out of that plan and offer a 401k plan just for the part timers. They could sweeten the pot by providing better benefit levels for past part time hours/service for most of us full timers.

The Company wants out of all their defined pensions plans, it is getting too expensive to maintain and insure them.

I am presuming that your part timers are under the company controlled “UPS Pension Plan”.

With the next contract expect the Company to negotiate out of that plan and offer a 401k plan just for the part timers. They could sweeten the pot by providing better benefit levels for past part time hours/service for most of us full timers.

The Company wants out of all their defined pensions plans, it is getting too expensive to maintain and insure them.
A little bit of part time I had I'll get a pension check from UPS . My full time check will come from the Teamsters

Bignokr34

OK, you retired at 53, 12 years before normal retirement age. And you have received pension for 19 years and hopeful for 4 more?
Now tell me, who destroyed the pension fund?
Who destroyed it was all the other ltl companies that are no longer in business or don’t have enough employees to move the cash needle. My retirement was split after I left UPS and worked for Yellow Freight for just a couple of months.

Would it surprise you to know that at least some, if not all the union officials that preside in the Central Region, are in the West Pension? They represent the Central but at the end of the day, they really don't care.