Central States going broke---

cachmeifucan

So I got almost 25 years. In August it will be 16 full time il be 43 so 14 more puts me at 57. I was born in 78. So my question if I retire at 57 will I get social security do I have to work a pt job. What age can I collect social security. What is it based on last year's or best years. I paid into it so I want something in return

cachmeifucan

Can I quit with 30 years full time and 9 years pt. At 57 go to pt and work another 5 years and get a 14 year pt pension and a 30 year full time pension at 62.

Inthegame

So I got almost 25 years. In August it will be 16 full time il be 43 so 14 more puts me at 57. I was born in 78. So my question if I retire at 57 will I get social security do I have to work a pt job. What age can I collect social security. What is it based on last year's or best years. I paid into it so I want something in return
Under normal circumstances, age 62 is the earliest SS pays benefits. That age will most likely increase before you're 62.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Explain please. Serious question. Keep in mind, I'm only 58.

What I consider: By average life span tables, I'll live maybe about 15 more years give or take. It's truly unknown. No man has lived past 72 in my family....ever. My wife has cancer....we really don't know where that's going.

Interestingly, my Bro in Law just retired from AT&T. He got a lump sum payout....in his hands. Now, will UPS be there 30 years from now or even a pension? Good question. Look at all the Central States folks left holding the bag. Just when they reach true retirement age and find employment difficult....they're down to nuthin. Sound good?

Now, I'm still working because I'll (probably) make another near million to add to whatever I have now...then the plan is to draw....keeping in mind my wife's situation and free insurance. SSI and Medicare will kick in about then.

Again my financial guy says "why retire at your peak earning potential?".

I'm belittled and smeared because I'm still working....but then these a wholes don't know me. The plan works for me. Always has....for 40 years. Interestingly, a lot of these a wholes have worked for 40 years also(give or take) but just at crappy jobs and bad decisions...

I've just had a good paying job, free insurance and all the rest for 40 good years. I think a ton of bitter jealousy drives most of it.

I don't pay ANY ex-wives or any of that crap. Daughters out of school and married with a good job and we don't have any of her school debt. Life is pretty good with a few nice toys to pass the weekends. Better than even some folks here on BC.

I say all this because as usual, I'm attacked for just not being like these a wholes(for whatever reason).

About that buyout.......only if the number is good enough. I wouldn't just take anything.

So FFS.....why rip me a new one for the above? BTW, I'm in great health...good knees and back.

BTW....I like what working affords me....a really nice home and plenty of pocket money and no worries about our health care.
EAF55577-A22C-41AE-8A9C-71B320FECECC.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Under normal circumstances, age 62 is the earliest SS pays benefits. That age will most likely increase before you're 62.

Fourteen years from now anything can happen..I would not worry about it till you hit 30 full time. As far as collecting Social Security as @Inthegame stated you are not eligible till age 62, unless you are permanently disabled. I believe that the age of 62 will be going up pretty soon. People are living longer and really at age 62 you still have a lot of working potential, now a days most seniors are doing side jobs for extra money let alone for the health coverage if they are not eligible for Medicare.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wrong again..The vaccines were in the pipeline long before Biden took office..Let us all call it like it is officially..it is the (Chinese cover up fruit bat virus II)..
History will record that after banishing the evil wizard trump and his terrible virus Uncle Joe saved the people with his miraculous vaccine.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Call it that if you want to but he sure is doing a lousy job of getting it distributed.
Pretty smooth around here, just took my mom to get her 2nd shot today. Both shots were easy, no lines, showed up at her appointment time and we were in and out in 15 minutes.

rod

Retired 22 years
Pretty smooth around here, just took my mom to get her 2nd shot today. Both shots were easy, no lines, showed up at her appointment time and we were in and out in 15 minutes.
Its taking forever to get the 65 & above crowd done. I finally get my 2nd shot this Friday.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Big UPS knows all. (Except the fact it was the union that wanted make sure UPS kept funding the union's failing pensions).

You will NEVER hear him admit that......or how they skim bucks from the Fund. But he'll belittle you and smear and abuse you....all the while extolling his virtues....oh and passing the buck.

How many hours a day.... do both of you, think about me ?

:biggrin:

ski or die

Ski or Die
One good thing to consider for retirement, unlimited sick days. Not once have I had to call the Local Union Hall and say I am sick today. No Doctors excuse if I am sick for 3 days or having to punch in to keep health insurance active. No harassment from the local and I still get paid each month. Just have to listen to spouse question "are you really sick or taking a lazy day".