Central States Pension Cuts Meeting set for October 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5habits100

Keep talking yourself into a corner.
It's not inexpensive for any region to travel and stay in Hawaii.
This is just another "business trip", filled with half days of meetings, golf courses, and helicopter tours.
Is that why you keep trying to get in because you think that's the way it is?

You would be wrong. Our Local Officers, Agents and Office Staff work their butts off.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Why did it take so long for the union to get behind these cuts?
Had cuts been made over the last 17 years, and UPS (the biggest contributor to Central States) not been permitted to withdraw, perhaps the damage would be far less?
I don't agree, there have been overlooked options for years and the powers that be do not get a pass with me.
Why just 17 years? Anything else possibly contribute to this? Why not 20 years?

5habits100

Yes, let it.
Hadn't UPS been trying to get out since '97?

No, I'm being very objective.
In the end, I will likely benefit, while other Teamsters in Central States will suffer as a result.
Shame on us.
And they didn't "let" us out and we were subjected to the cuts that are coming, then you and the others would be saying they should have "let" us out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Goes to show you just how stupid the Teamsters can be sometimes. Honolulu is the crap hole of Hawaii. Its dirty, congested and filled with homeless people and all the skum of the Islands. If they had any brains at all they would have picked Maui or any one of a hundred beautiful locations on the Islands. I hope they have a terrible time there deciding how much to screw me.

Inthegame

...and what a slap in the face to all the retirees about to loose their benefits.
Hawaii, really???

They were probably scared to meet on the mainland?
The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans has their convention in Hawaii every fifth year. This meeting was planned many years ago, and not by the Teamsters.
This is just another "business trip", filled with half days of meetings, golf courses, and helicopter tours.
The IFEBP has several programs every year in all areas of the US including educational classes that have strict attendance requirements for certificate awards which are required by many Fund policies to reimburse expenses (in other words go to class all day-several days-or don't get expenses paid, this isn't a JAC).

Teamster H&W and Pension Funds participants are a small fraction of the attendees.

rod

Retired 22 years
The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans has their convention in Hawaii every fifth year. This meeting was planned many years ago, and not by the Teamsters.
The IFEBP has several programs every year in all areas of the US including educational classes that have strict attendance requirements for certificate awards which are required by many Fund policies to reimburse expenses (in other words go to class all day-several days-or don't get expenses paid, this isn't a JAC).

Teamster H&W and Pension Funds participants are a small fraction of the attendees.

Its really getting deep in here. So what you are saying is if they don't attend the meetings they don't get their participation trophy? BFD----They get a free trip anyway--I'm sure they are all well off enough to buy their own meals.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Goes to show you just how stupid the Teamsters can be sometimes. Honolulu is the crap hole of Hawaii. Its dirty, congested and filled with homeless people and all the skum of the Islands. If they had any brains at all they would have picked Maui or any one of a hundred beautiful locations on the Islands. I hope they have a terrible time there deciding how much to screw me.
This wasn't a spare of the moment decision. And if they picked a nice place like you said, you would still complain about them sparing no expense. So basically they can't win in your eyes. Just dumb.

5habits100

FB_IMG_1442734481038_zpsjzommvb0.jpg
For someone who doesn't like his ID or local out there for others to see you posted your local out there for everyone to look at. It's on the top of the page. Just an FYI

10 point

I think they have to meet somewhere. I don't care where it is.

If it were in NY the people in California and Hawaii would say why can't they do it here.
Your grasping at straws. By your logic, if it was held in NYC it would be to expensive and therefore unfair to teamsters in Hawaii.
And we all know that there's more members in Cal and Hawaii than in the rest of the States combined.

That is truly obvious.

10 point

Then maybe there's cheaper room service.

5habits100

And we all know that there's more members in Cal and Hawaii than in the rest of the States combined.

That is truly obvious.
What is your point? There are meetings all over the country. this isn't the first meeting in history. Look at the locations of the panels. They move them around to different areas for a reason.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe it would make more sense to have a meeting concerning the Central States somewhere ... in the Central States?

Status
Not open for further replies.