Central States Pension - UPS will not cover difference ?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Nothing would make me more happy than to shred the pensions to bits, and go to a 401k match, or something along those lines.
Not me. Pensions then Health Care . Companies want out of both. The word match will last about 2-3 years and then, see you later. Dupont was an example for me. About 15 years ago they got rid of their pension and went to a "matching" 401k stick you. Three years later..what do you mean no more "match" ?
Yep.. dream come true for companies to have every employee they have on on the payroll to be "contracted ". 401k stick you and and you buy the government health care you can't afford.
This way no commitment or dedication is really expected. And you as an employee have no reason to give it. Companies are not looking for that now. Its a good thing, because what they are blinding people with , it may take a while but , even the slowest thinker will come to realize what was done.
You can work for 20 different companies and have same ins. and pension. Your future will be bright. Can't quit jumping around till you are 70 but , they are figuring on you dying by then anyway. Enjoy! Where is that shredder!?

87brown

It's almost a certainty that UPS will not continue this in the contract. The people already retired will be left to rot by both UPS and the teamsters. We've already paid for central states twice. Once when they were workign and again by a 6+Billion dollar withdrawal. I think UPS did a calculation that it wouldn't go insolvent by the next contract. Now it's likely it will and UPS won't want to pay for non current workers. I also see a two tier wage finally going in and a move to more 401K.
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT THIS CONTRACT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT IN UPS HISTORY AND IN MY 30 YEARS!!!!

LeadBelly

Banned
Look Union officials should get the same pension plan as their membership not a second and third. Then we wouldn't have the problems that we're having in the Central States plan or any other for that matter. Membership needs to grow some and they will. That's why I'm getting a response from you gentlemen. I would be nervous.
Actually the Business agents can't get the ups/ibt plan. They are doomed to the central states plan. Any upser who leaves the ups/IBT plan leaves the superior plan and goes into a plan they most assuredly will never see. The days of three pensions are over. What you may be thinking of is the IBT family plan. That is for full time IBT employees.