Central States Pension - UPS will not cover difference ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Which Local Union in the Central Region have a different pension plan other than Central States? You and the other geniuses have no idea what you are talking about.

Read BUG's quoted post.
CS Pension varies by retirement date.
That is what BUG and 3D appear to be discussing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Which Local Union in the Central Region have a different pension plan other than Central States? You and the other geniuses have no idea what you are talking about.
I know of at least one and somehow it's financially sound, despite persisting in the same economic environment?

Shall we make a wager?

I know of at least two in the Central Region who aren't in TeamCare as well.

P

pickup

i read this sentence as a negative way of saying: the full amount will be paid.

If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the
amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset".

*UPS/IBT will offset (cover) benefits accrued from the CS Plan at Normal Retirement Age
*if benefit from CS plan is reduced the amount of the reduction shall not be included in (part of) this offset

any real lawyers out there who would like to comment

I am obviously not a lawyer but there is a relatively current UPS headline (found on this site) which is a Motley Fool article titled "The Face of America's Pension Crisis" in which at some point in the article states that UPS is on the hook if the benefits are reduced.

The article also states UPS fought against a reduction in benefits for this very reason and that UPS lobbyists obtained some sort of carve out in a legislative bill in which UPSers would be the last to receive pension cuts if Central States had to start cutting back.

Based on the info in the article, I would say the conclusion in the the post I quoted is correct.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I have 25 years of service pre-2008 then the pension plan goes broke is UPS going to make up the difference?

The contract requires it.

The language speaks otherwise.

No it doesn't.

You're trying to interpret the language.

Read my post #22 in this thread. (from 4 years ago)

Unfortunately for most in the Central States plan, officers and agents of the Union have a separate pension plan.

Absolutely false.

Where could you even get such an idea ?

Because it doesn't exist.

-Bug-

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Last edited:

DDD1983

They all do. That's why don't care about members sinking ship CSP. They are just like Congress.

DDD1983

I'm new to this not sure what a troll is. Not sure what the difference is between Central States and the central region. One thing should be Central to us all and that is our Union and Company are :censored2:ing us systematically. I'll figure out to screw the Next Generation have hard-working brothers and sisters that deserve better representation especially how much are union officials are being paid. my guess is you're the one who's trolling hand are probably one of those people I speak of.

5habits100

I know of at least one and somehow it's financially sound, despite persisting in the same economic environment?

Shall we make a wager?

I know of at least two in the Central Region who aren't in TeamCare as well.
I know of more than just one.
TeamCare and Central States, although the same company are different plans. One is healthcare and one is pension. The reason for my response is someone attempting to say union officials don't care because they have a separate plan. There are less than half of the "grandfathered" agents that were around in 2007.
We shall not make a wager but I will let you buy me lunch.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I know this thread is old but the subject should be at the Forefront of this next contract especially us that are in the Central States plan and have significant time pre 2008. The language is ambiguous and meant to confuse and kick the can down the road of the Dirty Little Secret of the Central States Pension Plan. If I have 25 years of service pre-2008 then the pension plan goes broke is UPS going to make up the difference? The language speaks otherwise. Shall not means they shall not cover the offset so we are SOL if we don't change it.
You mean it should be at the forefront of your supplement?