CEO Carol’s political correctness costing UPS

FEGuy

chasing stock price is beyond stupid
I'm not sure what chasing a stock price is, or who is doing it. However, I am loving the benefits of where it is right now. Buy low, sell high. Oh yes, the price can go down. It surely can fluctuate. Meantime, the dividends just roll in. Hope none of you missed the boat and got on board when the company gave us the chance.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hope none of you missed the boat and got on board when the company gave us the chance.
I just have 144 shares, but I paid $25 a share when it went public. I got that when they did away with the Thrift Plan, I haven't bought any since. I wish the dividends were more. It's a steady investment. Every time I talk to my financial advisor about selling it I'm told to hang on to it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'm not sure what chasing a stock price is, or who is doing it. However, I am loving the benefits of where it is right now. Buy low, sell high. Oh yes, the price can go down. It surely can fluctuate. Meantime, the dividends just roll in. Hope none of you missed the boat and got on board when the company gave us the chance.
I sold all my UPS a year ago, I've made 4x as much even after taxes

Fenris

I just have 144 shares, but I paid $25 a share when it went public. I got that when they did away with the Thrift Plan, I haven't bought any since. I wish the dividends were more. It's a steady investment. Every time I talk to my financial advisor about selling it I'm told to hang on to it.
Based upon guidance UPS released to the street, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a 25% to 30% increase with the March dividend.

Ackerlin

You can’t compare FedEx stock and UPS stock. A non unionized FedEx will always have a higher stock price. Employees are paid pennies compared to UPS wages. If FedEx workers ever unionized, UPS’s stock would double overnight. Levels the playing field. I don’t disagree with your other points, but stock price is not an indicator. It’s way up since she took over. You can’t compare the two companies As far as stock price

I make a little more than the UPS hourly max rate on most days as a Fedex driver, where the hell did you get info that those drivers make pennies?