CEO Carol’s political correctness costing UPS

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
How times have changed. When I was a new driver, somewhere in the late 1980's I had purchased a handgun from a pawn shop. I had to wait the 3 day wait period so I couldn't take the gun when I purchased it. The shop I bought the gun at was about 5 miles off my route. So in the middle of the week I asked the supervisor if I could go pickup the gun and I would do it on lunch break time. He said OK. Imagine these days having permission to go 5 miles off your route in a UPS vehicle to pick up a handgun then have the gun with you all day. Now it seems so crazy but at the time it didn't seem strange at all.

Cowboy Mac

Imagine these days having permission to go 5 miles off your route in a UPS vehicle to pick up a handgun then have the gun with you all day. Now it seems so crazy but at the time it didn't seem strange at all.
Imagine having permission to go 5 miles off your route to- use the bathroom, eat lunch. Unheard of these days.
No, someone who's going to shoot up a building is going to do it anyways

UPS is scared you blast a customer
If we could carry on the job, there would be a lot more dead dogs than dead people.

Pitbull lives matter (lol jk no they don't)
tenor (8).gif

Last One In

Are other centers having trouble getting new uniforms? Is this Carol's new cost saving measure? Ordered the new breathable shirts and some new shorts. Was told it could take a year. WTH. Guess I will just wear my ripped shorts and ratty old shirt jacs. Management can send me home if they find them unacceptable. Or here's a thought: get me new ones, you tight wads. We are the face of this company.

specter208

Are other centers having trouble getting new uniforms? Is this Carol's new cost saving measure? Ordered the new breathable shirts and some new shorts. Was told it could take a year. WTH. Guess I will just wear my ripped shorts and ratty old shirt jacs. Management can send me home if they find them unacceptable. Or here's a thought: get me new ones, you tight wads. We are the face of this company.
Chip shortage. Lol

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They are lying to you. 22.4’s in my building look like they play on the PGA tour.

Last One In

They are lying to you. 22.4’s in my building look like they play on the PGA tour.
They also lied when they told me they would prioritize getting uniforms for the higher seniority drivers before the new hires. Don't know why I am surprised. Know what we say: if management's lips are moving you know they are lying.

Last One In

More good times in my building: we haven't had fuel for 3 days. Nice job, Carol, keep up the good work. I always say I think I have seen it all after 32 years and UPS comes up with a new one. What a clown show.

Nope I just got a stack of uniforms a month ago
Five short s and five of the new short sleeve shirts

542thruNthru

I ordered some 2 weeks ago and got them yesterday.