Certified Mail?! Send it Back!

Ms. Sort

Package Handler
Why hasn't Ms. Sort called her BA and discussed it with him/her?
I work two jobs. Seven days a week. Kids to take care of. Don't have time to locate the BA's phone number just to wind up arguing about some trifling warning about a misload or arriving a minute late. This certified letter should be a commendation stuffed with gift cards and thank you notes for never once filing a grievance. No egress, managers and supes handling packages, harassment from management for not having a working phone when they tried to call me 10 minutes before the shift wanting to know where I was. Supes throwing packages at the loaders' feet from under the belt, etc...things that happen on a daily basis at my hub. I prefer flying under the radar, figuring if I made their lives easier they'd be inclined to reciprocate. Perhaps I stand corrected...

Ms. Sort

Package Handler
In post #1, you had no idea what the letter was about.
In post #9, you mention a "dilemma".

Which is it?
The dilemma is the fact I have some (supposed) warning letter waiting for me that I have no time to screw with picking up. I'm at UPS five days a week. Why mail me anything when you could just hand the freakin' thing to me?!

trickpony1

It's a formality.
Like others have mentioned, after sitting at the post office a period of time, the letter will be returned and someone at work (with a witness) will hand it to you.

Be sure to file a protest letter.

Then decide what battles you want to engage in regarding all the things you mentioned in post #22.

Oh...and welcome to UPS.

Dhydratd

You've already wasted way more time worrying about this issue than I would have. Don't go pick up the letter, call out tomorrow, and enjoy your day off.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I work two jobs. Seven days a week. Kids to take care of. Don't have time to locate the BA's phone number just to wind up arguing about some trifling warning about a misload or arriving a minute late. This certified letter should be a commendation stuffed with gift cards and thank you notes for never once filing a grievance. No egress, managers and supes handling packages, harassment from management for not having a working phone when they tried to call me 10 minutes before the shift wanting to know where I was. Supes throwing packages at the loaders' feet from under the belt, etc...things that happen on a daily basis at my hub. I prefer flying under the radar, figuring if I made their lives easier they'd be inclined to reciprocate. Perhaps I stand corrected...
So basically you are weakening the Union by not enforcing the contract.
I hope it is a termination letter