Chains or should I say chain

New Englander

how many times do you guys get stuck a year? ive driven all sorts of vehicles (not a pc) in the snow and have never got stuck

So in all honesty butt out. You've absolutely no clue what your talking about.

NORMAL people in snow storms get to avoid all but the best roads. These same NORMAL people do not have to attempt driveways. I could go on and on...but I'm hoping you get the point.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If it snows here, I'm staying home. Atlanta highways turn into a zoo if an inch of snow sticks!

Hoax, it's funny you mention that. My daughter recently moved to North Carolina (45 min west of Raleigh-Durham) and is teaching HS science. Anyway, she called me the other day to tell me they had a 2 hour delay because there was 1/2 inch of snow on the grass. I couldn't get her to stop laughing as she recalled how many days she had gone to school after 6" or more of snow had fallen the night before.

CRASH501

thats not your job to put chains on your pkg car .
I so agree i dont / wont even take them from automotive it is not my job to put chains on my truck..........if they want them there they need to do as n.y.c. Busses / sanitation does. That is dispatch with chains on

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I so agree i dont / wont even take them from automotive it is not my job to put chains on my truck..........if they want them there they need to do as n.y.c. Busses / sanitation does. That is dispatch with chains on

My building dispatches 200+ cars per day. We have 5 mechanics and a garage with 3 lifts in it and room for no more than 4 package cars.

On the handful of days we get with enough snow to require chains, it would be logistically impossible for the mechanics to chain the all the package cars by themselves. Plus, most of the vehicles are parked indoors and the chains would tear the hell out of the concrete floor if they were installed inside.

Like it or not, chaining up a package car is part of a driver's job. Every winter we are called in 1/2 hr early one morning on the clock and given a refresher course in how to install them properly. Being able to do it right is a safety issue.