Chance?? No Chance?? "On Topic"

Special UPS Operator

Ok so made it into feeder. Starting productive week monday. But I am seasonal.The hub that I am working hired almost 70-80 new tractor trailer drivers in the last 8-12 months. The mwntor talking to another driver said we are all hired up. But Im getting the vibe that there might be a chance.

If the guy on the triumph bike is gonna bitch about seniority then all the other guys who got hired on also had very very low seniority. And most of em are really young.

So what do ya guys think?? Does it seem like I might stay after January??

Box Ox

Does it seem like I might stay after January??

Best I can do for ya.

n1qecy.jpg

Special UPS Operator

If I do end up going back inside. Would it be worth it to give HR couple months and try my luck??

I mainly want to be a truck driver not a box thrower...so...is it worth it waiting for a permanent spot in feeders???

Box Ox

I mainly want to be a truck driver not a box thrower...so...is it worth it waiting for a permanent spot in feeders???

Depends on what you'd have going on if you were to leave UPS after the holiday season. If the hub you're at has recently been heavily hiring outside of the holiday season, future hiring might actually be slowed down substantially until/unless the recently filled spots are vacated. Which probably doesn't happen often in a sweet gig like feeders.

IESucks

Ok so made it into feeder. Starting productive week monday. But I am seasonal.The hub that I am working hired almost 70-80 new tractor trailer drivers in the last 8-12 months. The mwntor talking to another driver said we are all hired up. But Im getting the vibe that there might be a chance.

If the guy on the triumph bike is gonna bitch about seniority then all the other guys who got hired on also had very very low seniority. And most of em are really young.

So what do ya guys think?? Does it seem like I might stay after January??
Nope

Special UPS Operator

That is true. I guess my option right now is just to be patient and see how things pan out. Instead of freaking out right now.

Depends on what you'd have going on if you were to leave UPS after the holiday season. If the hub you're at has recently been heavily hiring outside of the holiday season, future hiring might actually be slowed down substantially until/unless the recently filled spots are vacated. Which probably doesn't happen often in a sweet gig like feeders.

oldupsman

That is true. I guess my option right now is just to be patient and see how things pan out. Instead of freaking out right now.

Exactly. They're not hiring all these people just to dump them in January. A lot of guys retiring from UPS the next 5 years.
New people cost a lot less money. If you're a quality driver, you're not going anywhere.

Special UPS Operator

I also have another weird question n I dnt knw if anyone here will have le answer.

My dream job is being a pilot. Since UPS believes in promoting from within will I have a better shot at being a First Officer if I am a UPSer. Or is this more of a specialty career where it doesnt matter if you are from the outside or not??

Exactly. They're not hiring all these people just to dump them in January. A lot of guys retiring from UPS the next 5 years.
New people cost a lot less money. If you're a quality driver, you're not going anywhere.
Thanks for motivation. I am staying positive and working really hard. At same time hoping and praying for a permanent spot. They also hired like 6 of us. 4 inside and 2 outside. So I dont if that means anything.

Last edited:

oldupsman

You've got a better chance of winning Powerball.

It's not as far fetched as it sounds. I have a young friend who started from scratch a year ago and now has his commercial
flight license. He's sorting out his job offers now. Seems the airlines are having the same problem trucking
companies are having. Can"t find pilots. The military has scaled way back. There is a real shortage of commercial pilots.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I also have another weird question n I dnt knw if anyone here will have le answer.

My dream job is being a pilot. Since UPS believes in promoting from within will I have a better shot at being a First Officer if I am a UPSer. Or is this more of a specialty career where it doesnt matter if you are from the outside or not??

Thanks for motivation. I am staying positive and working really hard. At same time hoping and praying for a permanent spot. They also hired like 6 of us. 4 inside and 2 outside. So I dont if that means anything.

Yep, next step above feeders is
Stewardess then Co-pilot then Bombardier then finally Pilot

Bid sheets go up once in awhile be on the lookout