Changed start time

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Distraction74, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Distraction74

Distraction74 New Member

At the end of the twilight shift today we were informed our start time had changed from 5:30pm to 4:00pm tomorrow. They posted a bunch of sheets stating all time worked from 4:00-5:30 would be "premium pay".

does that mean that my OT would start at 12:00 resulting in only 6 1/2 hours of straight time?

2. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

No

3. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

You need to check your supplemental contract language.

Some supplements have a provision.... if you start before your "posted" start time,

it entitles you to time and 1/2. (hence "premium pay")

-Bug-

4. BlackCat

BlackCat Member

unless I was given 24 hrs notice, I would let them know I would be there at my regularly posted shift.

5. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

It means you will be paid premium pay from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm ( in the Central, it would be time and a half for an early start and OT pay will not be pyramided.)

You will then have to work an additional 8 hours before overtime kicked back in.

So yes, if you only worked 8 hours, you would have 6.5 hours of straight time and 1.5 hours of OT.

If you worked 9 hours, you would have 7.5 hours of straight time and 1.5 hours of OT.

If you worked 10 hours, you would have 8 hours straight time and 2 hours OT.

6. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Are you 22.3? Is 5:30 your scheduled start? Do you work over 8 hours?