Changed start time

At the end of the twilight shift today we were informed our start time had changed from 5:30pm to 4:00pm tomorrow. They posted a bunch of sheets stating all time worked from 4:00-5:30 would be "premium pay".

does that mean that my OT would start at 12:00 resulting in only 6 1/2 hours of straight time?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
At the end of the twilight shift today we were informed our start time had changed from 5:30pm to 4:00pm tomorrow. They posted a bunch of sheets stating all time worked from 4:00-5:30 would be "premium pay".

You need to check your supplemental contract language.

Some supplements have a provision.... if you start before your "posted" start time,

it entitles you to time and 1/2. (hence "premium pay")

-Bug-

BlackCat

does that mean that my OT would start at 12:00 resulting in only 6 1/2 hours of straight time?

unless I was given 24 hrs notice, I would let them know I would be there at my regularly posted shift.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

It means you will be paid premium pay from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm ( in the Central, it would be time and a half for an early start and OT pay will not be pyramided.)

You will then have to work an additional 8 hours before overtime kicked back in.

So yes, if you only worked 8 hours, you would have 6.5 hours of straight time and 1.5 hours of OT.

If you worked 9 hours, you would have 7.5 hours of straight time and 1.5 hours of OT.

If you worked 10 hours, you would have 8 hours straight time and 2 hours OT.

Inthegame

Are you 22.3? Is 5:30 your scheduled start? Do you work over 8 hours?