Chantix

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I hear that alot in the things I read about quitting but I don't think I will have that problem. I carry around poker chips and decks of cards and spend alot of my time doing chip tricks or practicing my magic tricks and sleight of hand stuff with the cards.
I use baby carrots when I sit in traffic because that :censored2: could stress you the :censored2: out...

rod

Retired 22 years
I was up to about three packs a day when I quit about 25+ years ago. I chewed one prescription of the Nicorette Gum stuff but that was it. I quit smoking on a Friday night and woke up Sunday morning about 25 lbs heavier--or at least it seemed to only take that long to gain weight.

Star B

White Lightening
When I quit I was down to 2-3 cigs a day. I started smoking as a curiosity and then got hooked. I was only smoking for....3-5 years? At most I was doing a pack a day. Mostly it was 1/2 pack a day. What started the path to quitting was buying a carton of Salems after me and the Ex-SWMBO got in a huge fight. I bought it so pissed off at her. I started smoking them, and smoking them.

Eventually, I was down to one to work, maybe one at work, and then one on the way home. When I reached the end of the pack, I said, what the hell, let's quit as soon as this cartons done... I mean, 3 cigs a day isn't worth the hassle, cost, and health benefits. So, I smoked what I had, bought 5 cans of Axe and the day I couldn't find a reburn..... I sprayed the everloving :censored2: out of my car for a week straight and proceeded to not step into any gas station for a period of 6 months, just paying at the pump for every transaction.

To this day, I'll want one if the smell is right. But, like someone posted upthread, I don't need it, and won't start again with packs being so expensive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Went to the doctor and he of course told me I should quit smoking so he prescribed Chantix. I knew that crap was pretty expensive ($400) so I really wasn't planning on getting scrip filled but Teamcare covered it 100%.

Anyways, long story short, I started taking it and I am on day 8 of the plan. It says to set a quit date somewhere from day 1 to 30 and mine is April 8th. I still smoke and am not sure if this stuff just eliminates the cravings or does something else to the receptors in the brain that gets pleasure from smoking.

My plan is to just stop when I run out on the 8th. Anyone try this stuff and do something different or something similar. I have enough of the Chantix for four months so I'm willing to give it a try. Any experience or comments appreciated.
Everyone I know that has taken it says it's completely killed cravings but some had scary ass side effects.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I quit I was down to 2-3 cigs a day. I started smoking as a curiosity and then got hooked. I was only smoking for....3-5 years? At most I was doing a pack a day. Mostly it was 1/2 pack a day. What started the path to quitting was buying a carton of Salems after me and the Ex-SWMBO got in a huge fight. I bought it so :censored2: off at her. I started smoking them, and smoking them.

Eventually, I was down to one to work, maybe one at work, and then one on the way home. When I reached the end of the pack, I said, what the hell, let's quit as soon as this cartons done... I mean, 3 cigs a day isn't worth the hassle, cost, and health benefits. So, I smoked what I had, bought 5 cans of Axe and the day I couldn't find a reburn..... I sprayed the everloving :censored2: out of my car for a week straight and proceeded to not step into any gas station for a period of 6 months, just paying at the pump for every transaction.

To this day, I'll want one if the smell is right. But, like someone posted upthread, I don't need it, and won't start again with packs being so expensive.
What's an
Ex-SWMBO