Chantix

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Everyone I know that has taken it says it's completely killed cravings but some had scary ass side effects.

Well that's what I hear too, that's why I'm curious to see what others have experienced in that department.

UPS won't let you drive if they know you are taking Chantix, because to the dreaming thing.

I'm not doubting you but where'd you hear that? I'd be curious to see how they could take you off the road just because you're taking a smoking cessation drug that has no narcotic metabolites in it. We have guys that take psyche meds and they still drive.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My son took it while in the navy. It had adverse effects on him. Depression, suicidal thoughts, etc. He still smokes to this day. it only helped a small % of the people they gave it to.

I never tried Chantix. Years ago, my doctor prescribed Wellbruton for me because insurance wouldn't cover Zyban, and the two drugs are identical.

It made me paranoid, I couldn't stand to be around anyone at all and I was getting close to suicidal thought.

I cut down a lot, quit eventually and now I vape. Don't really know if it as better or worse than smoking, but I really don't hit it that many times a day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never tried Chantix. Years ago, my doctor prescribed Wellbruton for me because insurance wouldn't cover Zyban, and the two drugs are identical.

It made me paranoid, I couldn't stand to be around anyone at all and I was getting close to suicidal thought.

I cut down a lot, quit eventually and now I vape. Don't really know if it as better or worse than smoking, but I really don't hit it that many times a day.

I deliver to a vape shop. I have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to the front counter.

scooby0048

I deliver to a vape shop. I have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to the front counter.
I too have one that gets stuff sometimes and I have to admit, I hate it. The place stinks worse than a smoking lounge and the clouds are thicker than what comes out of a Cheech and Chong van. I honestly don't know what is worse the actual smokers lounge smell or the vape shop with not just the smoke smell, but all the crappy flavors they use like coffee and watermelon or vanilla mocha kiwi.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I too have one that gets stuff sometimes and I have to admit, I hate it. The place stinks worse than a smoking lounge and the clouds are thicker than what comes out of a Cheech and Chong van. I honestly don't know what is worse the actual smokers lounge smell or the vape shop with not just the smoke smell, but all the crappy flavors they use like coffee and watermelon or vanilla mocha kiwi.

This one has a pool table and looks like more of a place to hang out than a retail store.

I have one on almost every block

scooby0048

We had a driver talk to the UPS nurse about something else, and mentioned he was trying to quit, and she said just don't tell me you are taking Chantix. They don't want to know you are taking it.

http://www.workritesafety.com/chantix_fmcsa_ruling.pdf

This was close to the time, may have changed, but don't know for sure.

Thanks again for sharing that link. I did some research and it sure seems like you are right. Albeit, most of the info I could find was from around 2008 but a recent (2014) DOT physical checklist from a DOT doctor also confirms that they are to not certify a driver if under the influence of Chantix. It sounds like this stuff could be pretty scary for some people causing seizures and violent behaviors.

I'm kinda at a crossroads with this stuff. I do want to quit smoking and I'd like to give this stuff the benefit of the doubt that it will help me but I also think that I should at least ask generic question if this stuff is against UPS rules. The last part is that I really don't want to be driving down the road and have a seizure...that might suck just a little.

scooby0048

The one Vape shop has ones for over 2k
Really?
You now what, for $2k, it better come with someone to smoke it for me and fluff my pillow. That sounds ridiculous to spend that much on a smoking device but the sad reality of that is that my smoking habit has cost me probably over $100k since I've started smoking. Now that's ridiculous!

BrownArmy

I almost went on Chantix, but walking into work this guy mentioned his brother was on it and had basically lost his chit because of it.

Cold turkey is the best method, if you prepare beforehand.