Chaos

It will be fine

In reality, FedEx isn't worried about service on a small scale.

If your station has problems making service once in a while it's no big deal. My Sr Mgr actually went on-road yesterday because we were so short staffed. I give this Sr Mgr props for actually trying to do something. It's the first time I've ever seen a Sr Mgr run a route (I think it was the first time they've been on-road in 9 years). The fact that this Sr Mgr actually tried to help was an example of someone leading by example which is sorely missing from our management team. To be honest, my Sr Mgr has been in this position less than a year. Even so, it was refreshing to see someone willing to step up. Wouldn't it be nice to see all levels of management step-up to make this place a better place to work?
He’ll probably get reprimanded for it by his boss.

Gone fishin

Imagine setting out to make the point that a cheap football team sucks, and you use a team as your example that is spending so much on players that it has virtually no cap space. And to make matters worse, you also set out to make the point that a generous team plays much better, and as your example you use a team that doesn't spend as much as the other team and only won 2 more games the prior season.

ROTFLMAO
Way over your IQ kid , don’t read my post , you won’t understand and your head will hurt

MassWineGuy

If she is who I think she is, she was never a courier before going into management.

I can’t be 100 percent certain. But I think we’re talking about the same person. No. She never drove. But she has no problem questioning every move someone takes on their route. Once, during a delightful conversation together, I told her that she wouldn’t have been able to do better than I did on the day in question.

What'dyabringmetoday???

The only product FedEx sells is service. The only reason Ground has survived for decades is because it was sold as a separate cheaper service by a separate OPCO. Combine the Express and Ground using the Ground model will only dilute the image that Express built. Instead of one garbage service and one quality service it will be just one garbage service and lose lucrative accounts to UPS.
I hope FedEx goes out of business.

FedupExpress

I hope FedEx goes out of business.
Brooo, they are already going out... Unless they uveal the one game plan to rule them all in next few months 🤣🤙🏻

Highly unlikely! We don't know what that Pakistani bastard has up his sleeves though, he looks like a conniving evil reptilian bastard.

Raj could make an announcement next week that fedex will now become a taxi service with Premier Padmini's.

SFFX

The goal is profit. It’s possible to profit with happy workers, it’s also possible to profit with constant turnover crappy workers. You may believe happy workers are more profitable but there’s countless examples of profitable companies with unhappy workers. No rational person thinks Amazon or Walmart are on the brink of collapse because their workers are unhappy. It’s a silly argument you’re making not supported by reality.

So this article from even the right wing post disagrees with your statement.

Thebrownblob

The poor contractor who owns the route in the area I deliver is now on his fifth driver in four months. A lot of the time he’s been on the route himself trying to cover it, and doesn’t look happy.

It will be fine

How many years have we been hearing this same nonsense? This article was from June 2022. Does anyone actually think Amazon has run out of workers? Have they stopped shipping orders? Are they going out of business? No, they haven’t, but feel free to cry, Chicken Little.

whenIgetthere

I can’t be 100 percent certain. But I think we’re talking about the same person. No. She never drove. But she has no problem questioning every move someone takes on their route. Once, during a delightful conversation together, I told her that she wouldn’t have been able to do better than I did on the day in question.
Just hand them the keys and say show me how to do it better.

zeev

s You will never run out of Ground drivers, just keep lowering the standards, who insures these loose cannons is another story. The loss of contractors is the real story more problems less money, why didn’t I buy a storage unit. Also the loss of AGFS dispatch is a big deal they mostly ran the trucking operations, now managers who passed the FedEx lying into the mirror test will be In charge. Good Luck.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I always loved the people who make a big deal that the boss never did the job (or can't do it better than the person tasked with doing it) but is in charge of those that do.

Gone fishin

You said that a team that is almost paying as much money on player salaries as the NFL will allow is being cheap.
It’s a hard cap , but you don’t have to spend to a certain number , plus upgrades for training facilities, nutrition, etc. Good teams do , bad don’t

pkgdriver

I always loved the people who make a big deal that the boss never did the job (or can't do it better than the person tasked with doing it) but is in charge of those that do.
632AAE63-6FD5-45D0-B539-42422C942BCF.gif

MassWineGuy

I think you’ve hit upon just why having such folks in charge is ludicrous. But in case it’s a bit dense for you… Those who’ve not done it don’t have real time experience of what it’s like and what the challenges are. Totally theoretical guesses looking at a display from a desk don’t convey much reality. Nor garner any respect from drivers.

Last edited: