Check out: Thoroughbred Teamsters Podcast

Thoroughbred Teamster

A podcast about work? Wow man, get a life. Contribute something worthwhile back to society with that time.
Talking "about work" is just one of the many topics I discuss and might be the topic I talk least about. The focus tends to be more on the labor movement in general- past, present, and future, from a rank-and-file perspective.
It's all good tho, as I've said before the show won't be for everyone, but I encourage you to check out at least one of the episodes before you knock it. Plenty of topics discussed.

Overpaid Union Thug

Isn't that what @Thoroughbred Teamster is doing ?

Trying to involve people in a constructive conversation....
Talking "about work" is just one of the many topics I discuss and might be the topic I talk least about. The focus tends to be more on the labor movement in general- past, present, and future, from a rank-and-file perspective.
It's all good tho, as I've said before the show won't be for everyone, but I encourage you to check out at least one of the episodes before you knock it. Plenty of topics discussed.

I just though it was comical that he had the audacity to use an online forum about work to accuse someone else of not having a life because......... they created a podcast about their work. LOL!

browndevil

You've got some great content Brother keep it coming.

Thoroughbred Teamster

You've got some great content Brother keep it coming.
Truly do appreciate it ✊ It truly does fuel me.
The feedback has been extremely positive and I try to provide something for everyone. Been going over the new contract lately so might do a few episodes on that. Got an interview lined up with my now retired center manager that I used to bump heads with to the point where, well, it got bad. We good now but I think it should make for some great content.
If you ever got any suggestions, critiques, or just want to shout out your local, message me any time.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What's goin on folks!

Let me cut to the chase- I started a podcast last October. I like to think of it as a podcast by the rank-and-file and for the rank-and-file. I'm a Teamster of 20 years and am proud to be a member Local 315 (Bay Area, CA).

It was created to reach out to the younger, newer members in my building but it ended up appealing to stewards all across the land and especially to Teamsters like myself.

Basically, instead of complaining about this :censored2: and never doing anything about it, I decided to try this out and I gotta say it's more successful than I expected.

Is it for everybody? Nope. Most of yall probably won't even like it but it has over 1.7k listens total (33 episodes), a modest following, and has reached 44 states + DC. And for some odd, but greatly appreciated reason, there's a solid following in Canada (shout out to those folks north of the border).

Anyways, it's just me. I produce it, promote it, host it, research it, and everything else associated with it. My opinions are my own and I do this :censored2: for free. Invested my own money & no advertisers or sponsorships allowed. I do it for the love of it.

I started it because I really couldn't find pro-union Podcasts that suited what I was looking for. I explain everything in Episode 1. If you're in to pro-union Podcasts, I ask that you check it out.

I'm all for feedback, constructive criticism, ideas, and so on but I don't respond to trolls & haters. I also don't discuss politics- union or government. It's counterproductive to the purpose of this podcast. This podcast is all about informing, encouraging, and educating those who choose to listen.

I don't hide who I am nor do I mention the name of the company on it. I tend to walk a fine line sometimes but I've been able to keep it balanced pretty well. The local knows of it and is highly supportive and I greatly appreciate it, but I make it clear that this is not an official product of LU315 or the IBT.

Shout out to BC for sharing my E32 on FB. Unfortunately, the company has no answer for the rash of smash-and-grabs on our drivers for cellphones. That :censored2: is outta control out here in the Bay!

Hope y'all like it, and if not, I get it.

Thoroughbred Teamsters • A podcast on Anchor
TLDR