Checking hours?

UPSGUY72

When I get my pay check I transfer that info to a spread sheet that has actual hr worked, guaranteed time, OT, bonus OT pay, totally OT pay, sick, holiday or personal days pay, dues paid, 401k deduction, net and gross pay.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i document my stops,DR stops,pkgs,NDA,miles,hours and projected miles every day,along with any misloads and events that may slow me down,reroute me etc. Thuis has come in handy many many times over the years.

I have never written any of this stuff down and it has never been an issue .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm pretty sure all the logs can be electronic now, you just need a way to show proof while on road.
The feeder equipment is all electronic now as far as i know. And that is where your legal responsibility stops. However, I kept track of my hours every week and compared it to my pay stub weekly. The company did not make many mistakes, but it was worth my while to catch it and correct it when they did. Sometimes the computers would be down and we would have to work on a paper timecard. For whatever reasons, sometimes paper timecards didn't get imput and your check would be a day short. I'm not letting a day's pay slide.

UPSGUY72

I have never written any of this stuff down and it has never been an issue .

Never been an issue that you know of they could be shorting you a couple minutes here and there and you would never now unless your keeping track. I like to keep them honest so I keep track. I worked in a paper mill before I worked at UPS and kept track of my hours in a little book and management new it. I never got shorted hours there but I know people that did because they never kept track and couldn't prove they had been shorted.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Never been an issue that you know of they could be shorting you a couple minutes here and there and you would never now unless your keeping track. I like to keep them honest so I keep track. I worked in a paper mill before I worked at UPS and kept track of my hours in a little book and management new it. I never got shorted hours there but I know people that did because they never kept track and couldn't prove they had been shorted.

I don't write them down because I rarely if ever work OT; in fact, I normally have guarantee pay on my check. Besides, I'm not worried about "a couple of minutes here and there".