Child Support

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How many times do I have to say it, nothing good comes from having children .

I beg to differ..

leaves.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

trash.jpg

white-house-lawn-mowed-01-gty-jef-170915_4x3_992.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will throw in my 2 cents. For what its worth. There is a formula last I knew. If Mom makes 40k and you make 60k. There is an amount in the formula that says what it costs to raise a child in a 100k family. Say that number is 10000 a year. she would contribute 4000, you would contribute 6000. Whoever can provide medical for the lowest is usually credited for providing it, in your decree. This is an out of pocket cost. If you had to pay 200 per month, you would be credited 2400. But since it is a free benefit, even though part of a total benefit package, they would not consider the cost, because you do not pay it out of pocket.
i took my x back to court, he was making 3xs what I was..by the time we went to court, I was driving, and he quit his job. I got 12 dollars a month. I sent it back to him.
He had coverage on my boy for a short time, and during that time my boy was hospitalized several times. Instead of paying the provider, his insurance sent him the check. Because I had to sign consent to pay forms, and I was not on the policy. Guess who got to pay those bills?
Just be happy you have good coverage, and your child can get the care said child needs, when needed. The only time you should squawk, and I know you will pay alot, is when you see your child going without.
And dont punish child by not buying him things coz you send his mother every week. Its a short period and in a blink of an eye its gone. Dont burden kids with the mundane, not saying you would, just something I learned having been there. Doing well is the best revenge.

derrick

you'll are crazy. this is america. get a LLC and put your money in it and pay yourself a check. then take that check to the child support courts. they can only go off your check you pay yourself. then get health insurance on the child through UPS. now here is the hard part most men can't do. DO NOT TALK TO HER EVER AGAIN. JUST PICK YOUR CHILD UP AND DROP YOUR CHILD OFF. DO NOT TELL HER WHEN YOU GET A RAISE OR ANYTHING. IF SHE HAS A PROBLEM TELL HER SIGN OVER THE RIGHTS. WHEN SHE PUTS YOU ON CHILD SUPPORT DISCONNECT FROM HER PERMANENTLY.

Indecisi0n

you'll are crazy. this is america. get a LLC and put your money in it and pay yourself a check. then take that check to the child support courts. they can only go off your check you pay yourself. then get health insurance on the child through UPS. now here is the hard part most men can't do. DO NOT TALK TO HER EVER AGAIN. JUST PICK YOUR CHILD UP AND DROP YOUR CHILD OFF. DO NOT TELL HER WHEN YOU GET A RAISE OR ANYTHING. IF SHE HAS A PROBLEM TELL HER SIGN OVER THE RIGHTS. WHEN SHE PUTS YOU ON CHILD SUPPORT DISCONNECT FROM HER PERMANENTLY.
Can he still have sex with her ?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
that what i need to know cause i know my child is cover by me and i want to get credit for it so that what im trying to figure out

Go down to the court and make sure your insurance is the primary coverage for your child or children. Make sure that is in your custody agreement. Also go take a free consultation with a lawyer specializing in father's rights. Never hurts to go ask and see what they could do. May hurt you in the wallet up-front but can save you quite a bit in the long run.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Man she has a master degree and still in school , you would of thought she would end up getting a job making more money than me as long as she been in school smh

Sounds like a depondopotomus as we used to say in the military. I felt bad for my desk sergeant. Paying almost $1000 a month in child support while his ex lives in a nicer house, drives nicer cars and just to boot she and her new husband worked at Wendy's. It's a flawed system.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sounds like a depondopotomus as we used to say in the military. I felt bad for my desk sergeant. Paying almost $1000 a month in child support while his ex lives in a nicer house, drives nicer cars and just to boot she and her new husband worked at Wendy's. It's a flawed system.
Very rare..believe it or not child support does not promote a lifestyle. When you were married what did it cost for one household? Just because you are not there cost doesnt go down much. Actually i am on your side..good guys get screwed. But im for the kids.

scooby0048

I don't know who is the bigger idiot, you or the numbnuts who believe this and then go try it.

scooby0048

Actually i am on your side..good guys get screwed. But im for the kids.

Taking responsibility for siring a child and being raked over the coals to maintain a lifestyle are quite different that doing it for the kids. I remember reading a few stories where the custodial parent received WAY more than they ever should have under the guise of maintaining child's lifestyle. I've seen cases where the custodial parent receives several thousand a month for just one kid to maintain the lifestyle.

It is definitely a skewed system that needs to be completely overhauled.

Shiftless

Come clean! Did you use a lawyer? Did she? I'm guessing you stand on the left while in court!

What state was this filed in?

Indecisi0n

Taking responsibility for siring a child and being raked over the coals to maintain a lifestyle are quite different that doing it for the kids. I remember reading a few stories where the custodial parent received WAY more than they ever should have under the guise of maintaining child's lifestyle. I've seen cases where the custodial parent receives several thousand a month for just one kid to maintain the lifestyle.

It is definitely a skewed system that needs to be completely overhauled.
You said "siring".

Blazian81

I wish it was that easier but I just found out that social service can look up your taxes records and see what your wages was last yrs smh

Blazian81

Go down to the court and make sure your insurance is the primary coverage for your child or children. Make sure that is in your custody agreement. Also go take a free consultation with a lawyer specializing in father's rights. Never hurts to go ask and see what they could do. May hurt you in the wallet up-front but can save you quite a bit in the long run.
Yeah that's what I'm in the process of doing now