Christmas Day observed

Dr.Brownz

Though it says only air on Saturday the 24th, be prepared to work to make sure those packages are serviced before Santa slides down the chimney.

I'm predicting 4 waves of late air here this year! Some of our air was brought in 5 hours by ground last year! (due to a major road washout)

iowa boy

If we end up with a late major snowstorm it could easily be all hands on deck.

I don't know, I'm one of those guys that call in sick once a year, and when I do, I'm usually sick enough to go to the doctor, but I could very easily make an exception for this.

I don't care that you waited til the last 5 days before Christmas to order something for child or significant other, chances are that, unless you work retail or food, you will have the day off, so why shouldn't I?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You should have it off. Unless peak is bad and there's still too much volume in the pipeline.
Even if it's in the pipeline, you really think someone will care if it comes Monday as opposed to Tuesday? When we failed a couple years back I had toys for kids on the package car and delivering them the 26th was brutal.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Even if it's in the pipeline, you really think someone will care if it comes Monday as opposed to Tuesday? When we failed a couple years back I had toys for kids on the package car and delivering them the 26th was brutal.
I can somewhat sympathize with those people, but Xmas is the same day every year. You shouldn't be Xmas shopping the week of Xmas and be upset if it doesn't show up in time.

clean hairy

Part of the problem is online Retailers who proclaim "Order by Midnight Dec 22nd, and we Guarantee delivery by Dec 25th!" THEN, they send it out Ground, or worse yet, Surepost!
Then, WE get raked over the coals for not making a deadline that a Retailer had no business to promise to their Customers!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Part of the problem is online Retailers who proclaim "Order by Midnight Dec 22nd, and we Guarantee delivery by Dec 25th!" THEN, they send it out Ground, or worse yet, Surepost!
Then, WE get raked over the coals for not making a deadline that a Retailer had no business to promise to their Customers!
This is where corporate has smartened up with the commits the week leading up to Christmas. Force everybody to get their stuff out a day earlier.

ups1990

Though it says only air on Saturday the 24th, be prepared to work to make sure those packages are serviced before Santa slides down the chimney.
I know drivers who will be out of town that day and some are reluctant to make plans for this Saturday due to this uncertain of who will be required to work this day.

Dr.Brownz

This is where corporate has smartened up with the commits the week leading up to Christmas. Force everybody to get their stuff out a day earlier.

Yeah it only took like what 10 to 20 years of failures to figure that out? Corporate is so innovative and reactive.