Christmas Day observed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Piggy back question is if you have vacation the week between Christmas and New Years does your vacation start Saturday December 24th meaning you wouldn't have to work?

Vacations are week ending so, no, you would have to work 12/24 if you are on vacation starting 12/25.

That week is normally blocked out so it is normally not an option.

I am on vacation this week. We are working Black Friday and Saturday. I asked all 3 supervisors before leaving on Friday if I had to come in on Saturday. All 3 told me to enjoy my weekend and that they would see me early Monday morning (8 am start).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If forced to come in for 2.5 hours you have left, you get the 8 hour guarantee, I would think?
Possibly they have you drive 2.5 and then driver helper after that?

Generally if you 4 or fewer hours left you will not be asked to come in.

No helpers on Saturdays unless we are using that day to "catch up" due to weather.

a911scanner

If forced to come in for 2.5 hours you have left, you get the 8 hour guarantee, I would think?
Possibly they have you drive 2.5 and then driver helper after that?

You are correct. But I would gladly work Code 5 if allowed, as it is Christmas Eve. If forced, I will gladly help another Teamster to get home earlier on Christmas Eve.

JL 0513

I've also been curious as to why the UPS calendar marks the 26th a regular business day. I told all my family I have it off as that is the day my extended family has our party. Christmas day is reserved for my immediate family.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Christmas Day observed is Monday the 26th. So my question is why don't we get this day off like we used to? Can anyone tell me what contract this changed in?
Hoffa, Atlanta Corporate? Doesn't matter, both will be on vacation December 23 -through New Years.

Indecisi0n

You are correct. But I would gladly work Code 5 if allowed, as it is Christmas Eve. If forced, I will gladly help another Teamster to get home earlier on Christmas Eve.
Agree. I don't have kids so I always call my buddies on holidays to see if they need help to get them home sooner.