Cigarette Vending Machines

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
When I was a kid people use to smoke in the grocery stores. I remember people looking over the meat coolers with a cigarette hanging out their mouth. Movie theaters was a blanket of fog from all the smoke. I remember we would go to the local donut store and when you ate the donuts you could smell the cigarette smoke in them. It was a nightmare for non smokers.

Shiftless

In the bigger buildings you could buy ice sandwiches!

I'm so old/retired I had a micro brake in my package car!

UPS pens were black!

Shorts, you cant wear no stinkin shorts!

Pretty dang sure the jacket was a sponge!

Security on the property, there wasn't even a fence!

I had my own key to the building!

Yup, Rough times back then!

Zowert

There is one here leftover from the late 80’s - early 90’s. They switched the cigarettes out with gloves in 1996. During the pandemic it’s been full of masks. The gloves used to be $2, now the masks are $1. This machine is ancient. I wonder where they found someone to come in a reprogram the prices. No one even buys the masks since we can get free ones from the office.

The old timers like to talk about how they were getting ripped off by that old cigarette machine, in 1991 a soft pack of Winstons was $3.50 out of the machine. At a convenience store they were under $3.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1621954775557.png

Driver7906

I remember people smoking on airplanes when flying as a kid. 🤢

When I used to be in packages, I pissed off a few Christmas helpers when I wouldn’t let them smoke in my truck.

I’ve never smoked in my life and I hate cigarettes with every fiber of my existence. I’m so glad that smokers are no longer allowed to pollute the air that I breathe in most places.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember people smoking on airplanes when flying as a kid. 🤢

When I used to be in packages, I pissed off a few Christmas helpers when I wouldn’t let them smoke in my truck.

I’ve never smoked in my life and I hate cigarettes with every fiber of my existence. I’m so glad that smokers are no longer allowed to pollute the air that I breathe in most places.
We used to smoke in the movie theaters. I don't ever recall anyone saying we couldn't.