Citizen’s Arrest gone wrong Georgia

Nolimitz

I'm telling you that conversations recorded with the property owner of the house under construction shows that those two were being used by the local police chief to assist him in that area. He offered that property owner their help if he needed it.

how that local police chief was using those two will be a key component of their defense.
first they are working for
These guys were working for the local police officer
now they are working for the
chief of police.
which is it or do you have a Fing clue.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
because stopping and putting your hands in the air was not an option?
Running into someones yard and screaming for help was not an option?
He had other options then simply running at and attacking a man pointing a gun at him.
Facts still have to come out but there's a lot of potential stupidity on both sides of this issue.
Lots of good people stupidity on both sides!

wilberforce15

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while.

I was reminded of it after such a nice, sunny day.

It was another beautiful day for a black man to take a jog safely anywhere he wants in America.

Except the ghetto.

Don't jog in the ghetto.

Everywhere else is perfectly safe for any black man that gets the hankerin' to go jogging.

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while.

I was reminded of it after such a nice, sunny day.

It was another beautiful day for a black man to take a jog safely anywhere he wants in America.

Except the ghetto.

Don't jog in the ghetto.

Everywhere else is perfectly safe for any black man that gets the hankerin' to go jogging.
What is your definition of (ghetto)?

newfie

What would you guys do if you were on foot and those 3 men pursuing Abery were instead 3 armed black men pursuing you?

you're making the assumption i would only be fearful if they were black but would pop open a beer and some barbecue if they were white?

The missing part to your question is what were they saying to Arbery and if this is an exact match what would they be saying to me as they are chasing me and trying to get me to stop.

Are they saying hold on we need to ask you some questions? Are they yelling that they are going to detain me until the police show up?

the dialogue is an important part of this scenario and an unknown. my gut tells me that if it was derogatory or insulting or even racist that the kid would have cut across someones yard to get away.

i dont know if we will ever know.

newfie

Gregory McMichael, the former Georgia police detective whose actions in the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery were defended as a citizen’s arrest, was stripped of his law enforcement certification and power to arrest a year before the deadly encounter, the Washington Post reports. McMichael’s certification was suspended in February 2019 after repeated failures to complete required training, including a warning in 2014 that McMichael had neglected to finish mandatory firearms and use-of-force courses.

District Attorney Jackie Johnson, the first prosecutor to handle the Ahmaud Arbery case, faces a new allegation about the handling of the investigation into a shooting that has shocked the nation. Glynn County commissioners Allen Booker and Peter Murphy claimed that Johnson’s office stood in the way of arrests. That’s more than notable because one of the defendants–Gregory McMichael, 64–used to work for her office at an investigator.
“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them,” Booker told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation. She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”

as long as you can find someone to accuse the DA of bias you can therefore automatically convict in this case . she recused herself because of their previous relationship which seems to be the appropriate action to take.

Ga. district attorney fires back after accusations she stopped arrests following Ahmaud Arbery shooting

newfie

first they are working for now they are working for the which is it or do you have a Fing clue.

I'm sorry we're playing word games now because you have nothing to argue the point? please return to your safe room snowflake. Grownups are having a conversation here

newfie

So a multi cultural community? You just described most of the United States. Except parts of the Heartland where I live.

i dont understand your point , liberals use the term ghetto for depressed economic areas too. But then libs love to play word games to show their compassion for those they keep locked in poverty .

wilberforce15

What is your definition of (ghetto)?

You know exactly what it is.

Usually an urban center filled with violent black youths and dense government housing.

Do you feel accomplished? Baiting me into sounding racist?

You already know that's the only place in the country it's not safe for a black man to jog.

I'm just willing to say it.

wilberforce15

“Sure it is.”

-The ghost of Ahmaud Arbery

Quoting a guy named Armed Robbery doesn't help your cause.

Dude spent his spare time selling drugs in the park, getting tased, introducing other yoofs to the free TV rental program at Walmart, carrying guns into high school gyms, and violating probation.

I'm glad that his ghost is all we have to deal with now.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You know exactly what it is.

Usually an urban center filled with violent black youths and dense government housing.

Do you feel accomplished? Baiting me into sounding racist?

You already know that's the only place in the country it's not safe for a black man to jog.

I'm just willing to say it.

He's not the one making you sound racist! You really need to take a good long look in the mirror!

wilberforce15

He's not the one making you sound racist! You really need to take a good long look in the mirror!

Do you dispute my definition or characterization of the ghetto? Is it safe to jog there?

Is it safe for a black man to jog anywhere else? Yep.

You just don't like that I said what you already know is true.