Citizen’s Arrest gone wrong Georgia

wilberforce15

My understanding is first degree murder if a grand jury determines false imprisonment occurred.

Had the vigilantes looked up his criminal record before pursuing him?

What if I had been charged with theft maybe 5 years ago and was chased down and shot while jogging? I'm a white man. How do you think that'd go down?

The alleged vigilantes included people from the police department that arrested this guy on his gun charge and other crimes.

Yes, they knew him.

Box Ox

The alleged vigilantes included people from the police department that arrested this guy on his gun charge and other crimes.

Yes, they knew him.

So if a former police officer who didn't witness a crime and chases me down and shoots me on a jog because he arrested me previously....cool?

wilberforce15

So if a former police officer who didn't witness a crime and chases me down and shoots me on a jog because he arrested me previously....cool?

Dude was "Jogging" in Timberlands and a hammer is clearly in the road.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1588958272149.jpg
    FB_IMG_1588958272149.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 64

oldngray

nowhere special
That video doesn't show the start of the confrontation. They were already fighting when he got there. Looks bad but like most videos doesn't tell the whole story.

vantexan

Law enforcement didn’t think there was a crime committed until it got national attention. I can’t imagine why the victim didn’t just calmly wait for the police while being threatened with a shotgun.
Might the outcome have been different if he had? He's 100% dead for sure with his reaction.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
USA TODAY filed an open public records request with the Glynn County Police Department for burglaries and home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. The department's records office said in an email Thursday it had no records matching that request.

The municipality police dept. has no report of burglaries in the two months prior to the incident.