Clarence Thomas accepts millions of dollars in gifts from Republican donor

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Agree that the relationship is probably corrupt but the characterization of Thomas as a "house pet" sounds kinds racist. Maybe it's due to how leftists insist on thinking about the status of black people relative to whites.
Probably corrupt? Maybe my comment was over the top, but Thomas seems to know what his job is, which is to rubber stamp everything favorable to the Far Right. The opposite of a leftist is a reactionary, and I think Thomas is there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Probably corrupt? Maybe my comment was over the top, but Thomas seems to know what his job is, which is to rubber stamp everything favorable to the Far Right. The opposite of a leftist is a reactionary, and I think Thomas is there.
Thomas follows the constitution.
That's why you people hate him.

qdg2

Interesting....

The whole liberal side rubber stamps everything favorable to the far left.....

But that's ok?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Alito did not recuse himself from the case and voted with the 7-1 majority in Singer’s favor.

So another nothingburger by radical left wing propaganda outlet propublica.

Yawn

bacha29

A case that they had refused to take up numerous times before. Who convinced them to consider it?
What's done is done. The real injustice will be if Congress fails to pass an obviously needed strict new set of ethics laws for SCOTUS . If it doesn't do anything else it could very well result in a lot of earlier than planned retirements.

Sportello

Banned
If liberal members voted in favor too then how was it a strictly conservative quid pro quo?
Why was the case taken, after being denied numerous times before?

Why does SCOTUS have no ethics rules? I can’t give my mail person more than $20 without jeopardizing them and me, SCOTUS, no limit.

These guys sure did make a lot of generous billionaire friends after they got that lifetime seat.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone know how Biden, Pelosi....heck even Warren Buffet got wealthy? Or any other money hating liberal?
Buffett has always been a conservative, smart investor. That's how he got wealthy. Pelosi founded his own financial consulting firm after getting an MBA from NYU's Stern School of Business.
How about Samuel Alito? Besides his weekly consultations with his boss The Pope, Alito also has generous billionaire friends with business before the court.