Clarence Thomas accepts millions of dollars in gifts from Republican donor

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

vantexan

Why was the case taken, after being denied numerous times before?

Why does SCOTUS have no ethics rules? I can’t give my mail person more than $20 without jeopardizing them and me, SCOTUS, no limit.

These guys sure did make a lot of generous billionaire friends after they got that lifetime seat.
You're aware, may have already been mentioned, that Ruth Bader Ginsberg took a trip to Israel paid for by a billionaire friend? Why wasn't a stink made by anyone then? And you can't get around the fact that liberal members voted in the majority on that case. For all I know the case was brought to them from a different angle that they deemed worthy to hear. I don't know, and I suspect you don't either.

vantexan

Buffett has always been a conservative, smart investor. That's how he got wealthy. Pelosi founded his own financial consulting firm after getting an MBA from NYU's Stern School of Business.
How about Samuel Alito? Besides his weekly consultations with his boss The Pope, Alito also has generous billionaire friends with business before the court.
Buffett is at best a moderate.

qdg2

Buffett has always been a conservative, smart investor. That's how he got wealthy. Pelosi founded his own financial consulting firm after getting an MBA from NYU's Stern School of Business.
How about Samuel Alito? Besides his weekly consultations with his boss The Pope, Alito also has generous billionaire friends with business before the court.
Anyone know how Biden, Pelosi and Buffet got wealthy?

Notice you left out Biden.....heck, Biden just a brazen criminal....in plain sight.

The Pope....very liberal.

What your response really says.....insider trading. Infested with the very liberal parasites.... liberals so, so bitterly complain about.

Eh?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone know how Biden, Pelosi and Buffet got wealthy?

Notice you left out Biden.....heck, Biden just a brazen criminal....in plain sight.

The Pope....very liberal.

What your response really says.....insider trading. Infested with the very liberal parasites.... liberals so, so bitterly complain about.

Eh?
I know how Clarence Thomas got into Yale Law School. Affirmative Action. Uncle Thomas hits the jackpot again. 7-7-7!!!

newolddude

Several lawyers who have had business before the supreme court, including one who successfully argued to end race-conscious admissions at universities, paid money to a top aide to Justice Clarence Thomas, according to the aide’s Venmo transactions. The payments appear to have been made in connection to Thomas’s 2019 Christmas party.

vantexan

Oh my, you wouldn't be suggesting that this is only a problem of conservative justices would you? Surely you've heard that Sotamayor has made millions from her books since becoming a justice? Turns out that her aides have been pressuring people coming before the court to buy quantities of her books.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So this radical left wing extremist propaganda outlet is suggesting no one who ever served as an aide to a supreme court justice should be allowed to bring a case to the supreme court?

Sounds like an exceptionally stupid idea that will do nothing other than exclude the nation's top lawyers from the justice system.

Not surprising considering the source.

qdg2

Anyone know how Biden and his family got rich?

Say, isn't there a Congressional investigation into such?

Say, isn't Merrick Garland being considered for impeachment?

Anyone?

trickpony1

Anyone know how Biden and his family got rich?
Just a wild guess but....

kickbacks and "under the table" transactions?

Isn't that how all our elected officials get rich?

You know....the things that would get us common folk time in prison?