Clarence Thomas accepts millions of dollars in gifts from Republican donor

vantexan

We’re talking about Clarence Thomas vacationing and taking gifts from powerful people in mining, energy and big farming. Take your Biden bitching to a Biden thread.
No, you're going after Thomas to take attention away from Biden. Same thing happening with the Trump indictments. I've consistently said that if any Republican or Supreme Court conservative has broken the law then prosecute him to the full extent of the law. Have you said the same about Joe Biden? There's a mountain of evidence piling up against Joe Biden. Meanwhile, and here's your thread connection, the only thing we've seen against Thomas is claims like the one you posted. If he has broken the law then I'm certain Merrick Garland would be after him as he is as you know one of the most conservative members of the court. Why hasn't the liberal DOJ gone after him? Certainly it's what the Left wants.

newolddude

No, you're going after Thomas to take attention away from Biden. Same thing happening with the Trump indictments. I've consistently said that if any Republican or Supreme Court conservative has broken the law then prosecute him to the full extent of the law. Have you said the same about Joe Biden? There's a mountain of evidence piling up against Joe Biden. Meanwhile, and here's your thread connection, the only thing we've seen against Thomas is claims like the one you posted. If he has broken the law then I'm certain Merrick Garland would be after him as he is as you know one of the most conservative members of the court. Why hasn't the liberal DOJ gone after him? Certainly it's what the Left wants.

So we can’t have any other investigations or news because of Biden?

Uuuuhhhhokay.

newolddude

Sure you can. Just want to clarify there's nothing out there but memes about Thomas so it's really not equal.

An article with citations and evidence is not a meme even if you think so.

Thebrownblob

Citation? Got laid in the back of one of those in high school.
1691715997542.jpeg

vantexan

vantexan

$270,000 year gets you to multimillionaire status?
He's been on the court for 32 years. If he averaged $50k a year in savings he'd be at $1.6 million without earning anything on investments. And he'd have a nice government pension. You're familiar with basic math, no?

newolddude

The private golf club membership that Wayne Huizenga gifted to Thomas costs $70,000 for initiation, $6000 for annual dues and an expectation to spend $5,000 to 10,000 in food and beverage a year.

vantexan

The private golf club membership that Wayne Huizenga gifted to Thomas costs $70,000 for initiation, $6000 for annual dues and an expectation to spend $5,000 to 10,000 in food and beverage a year.
Let's say he nets $180k on his salary. Puts a third into savings. That leaves him $10k a month to spend. Pretty certain his wife worked over the years too. I agree with you that the gifts smack of corruption. What bothers me is you're hot to criticize him but never said anything about Ginsburg having a trip to Israel paid for by a billionaire. Likely not the only gift she ever got. I think one of the liberal lady justices, possibly Sotemayor, got noticed for something odd. What was it, exceptionally high book advance? It was something but I don't recall. And you never talk about the Bidens being corrupt. Probably the main reason nothing is ever really done about corruption is most of Washington is corrupt to varying degrees.

vantexan

By the way $100 a week in lunches and beers after rounds of golf is $5200 a year. Is that outlandish to you?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Pro publica is a radical left wing rag funded by dark money.

I keep asking you people and you can't come up with an answer: what case are you suggesting he ruled against his principles on because of his friends?