Class action lawsuit pertaining to not being able to take 10 minute breaks

MAKAVELI

10 minute breaks as in the 28-29 or not being able to split up your 13-14 into 10-min chunks?
You can't split up your lunch break according to California law. It has to be a continuous 30 minutes. But the lawsuit also mentioned unreimbursed cell phone use and unable to properly meal breaks.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You can't split up your lunch break according to California law. It has to be a continuous 30 minutes. But the lawsuit also mentioned unreimbursed cell phone use and unable to properly meal breaks.
Geez. They’re suing for unreimbursed cell phone usage? Y’all will sue for anything in Cali wontcha? Lol.

MAKAVELI

Most of these type of class action lawsuits we got a at least 400. The last discrimination class action some people were getting well into the thousands.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Most of these type of class action lawsuits we got a at least 400. The last discrimination class action some people were getting well into the thousands.
I had a class action that paid 2 checks for 107 and 369.
We get a good phone discount through work so i dont care to use it, but wouldn't care without the discount.

SmithBarney

Geez. They’re suing for unreimbursed cell phone usage? Y’all will sue for anything in Cali wontcha? Lol.

They settled one, $2 per day for any day management called/texted you on your personal phone. That's why the Cell Phone policy was harped on so harshly a few years back.
Our PPADS have a messaging system, USE IT.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The 10 minute break lawsuit is a real thing....UPS had to settle with us about 10 years ago for the tune of around 90 million dollars. Just for drivers in California, most got around $6K but some got as high as $10K. We had no where to record it in our DIAD’s so UPS couldn’t prove we had taken them.

MAKAVELI

The 10 minute break lawsuit is a real thing....UPS had to settle with us about 10 years ago for the tune of around 90 million dollars. Just for drivers in California, most got around $6K but some got as high as $10K. We had no where to record it in our DIAD’s so UPS couldn’t prove we had taken them.
We used to record them until California changed the law. Now employers are not required to record paid rest breaks.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They settled one, $2 per day for any day management called/texted you on your personal phone. That's why the Cell Phone policy was harped on so harshly a few years back.
Our PPADS have a messaging system, USE IT.

I agree that anything that can be done via the PPAD should be, but making a federal case out of using your cell phone? Weak.

SmithBarney

I agree that anything that can be done via the PPAD should be, but making a federal case out of using your cell phone? Weak.

I think it was more of being compensated for usage, and managers abusing access to personal phones calling more than necessary.

Granted at $2 a day would put me up to ~$50/mo that's twice my cell phone bill. And you don't have to give your employer your cell phone number, we have many couriers who just say "I don't have a cell phone" and that's fine I won't call them on it.